When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Tiger Chronograph

TeeJay

I've made a purchase of one off iOffer, which was being sold for appx £50 shipped. The seller is also selling a variety of Rolex and vintage Omegas for similar prices, and it sounds ( :whistling::bangin: ) like an authentic sale. For the price, I am not expecting a gen Tudor, but, on the other hand, I don't think I have ever seen one copied, so I'm just wondering: Might it actually be gen? :pardon:

At 50 pounds, I wonder if you'll even get an asian 7750 in there. I've seen some Tudor chrono reps, jmb's comes to mind. As for from the collectors or china, I'd figure you're going to have to spend at least 100 pounds for a decent chrono w/ a true chrono movement. 50 pounds should get you something w/ the false chrono mvmt.

At 50 pounds, I wonder if you'll even get an asian 7750 in there. I've seen some Tudor chrono reps, jmb's comes to mind. As for from the collectors or china, I'd figure you're going to have to spend at least 100 pounds for a decent chrono w/ a true chrono movement. 50 pounds should get you something w/ the false chrono mvmt.

This is what I'm wondering, the skeptical side of me is saying it's got to be a rep, for that kind of price, and as you say, would it even be an a7750, or just one of the Day/Date/24 sweepers... I'm not expecting gen, not at that price, but, and this is the big but, the other watches the seller is listing appear aged (and who'd make a watch look older than it really was :whistling::bangin: ) but the vintage Omegas, are again, watches I have not seen replicated, which is why I'm wondering (highly unlikely, I know) if it might (by some slim possibility/Christmas Miracle) actually be a gen sale... :pardon: Heck, even if it is a rep, I'd pay that alone for a Tudor Chronograph dial by itself on eBay, so I won't be crying shenanigans if it does turn out to be a rep :lol:

I wonder if you ever receive a watch...

Are there rep dealers offering tudor tigers? because I want one to.

If I don't receive anything, rep or gen, I won't be happy, but I figured for the cash, it was too good an opportunity to pass up :) I haven't seen any being sold by the rep dealers, which was what made me wonder if they were even repped at all...

T, I don't think anybody makes one although it would be fairly simple for them to do so. All of the parts are there except for the dial... I scoured dhgate and found plenty, ordered one, and thank goodness for their payment escrow service! After pressing very hard for pictures of what would ship I was refunded and told the watch was "out of stock".

T, I don't think anybody makes one although it would be fairly simple for them to do so. All of the parts are there except for the dial... I scoured dhgate and found plenty, ordered one, and thank goodness for their payment escrow service! After pressing very hard for pictures of what would ship I was refunded and told the watch was "out of stock".

I really wish I could post a link to the sales page, but with the transaction going through, I think the system must take the page down :( The watch appears to have (assuming that it is even a photo of the watch available :lol: ) the rotating timing bezel and the 5 link Tudor bracelet, so certainly more than just a dial transplant, but of course, who knows... I'm certainly expecting it to be a rep, it's just the rarity of it (and the vintage Omegas) which is making me wonder. Of course, if it is a rep, that'll be fine by me :D

Hello T, whats the name of the seller?

Here's a link to their page, they haven't got much stuff left, but there are still thumbnails of the stuff they've sold :)

If you paid via PP, open a dispute.

24 hours is a bit early for that, but yeah, if I don't get anything within a reasonable time, that'll be what I do.

I look forward to seeing this when it turns up, please dont be shy TJ.

Absolutely, pics will be being posted, I'm curious to see just what I do wind up with :D To be totally honest, I really only bought it for the movement and dial for one of my custom build projects :)

Hope this turns out ok teejay.. just found this on ioffer:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rolex-tudor-tiger-chronograph-newman-style-dial-179496329

same description as the ebay listing for over $1,000

very strange indeed.!

This one posts clearly gen pics : http://www.ioffer.com/i/tudor-rolex-monte-carlo-heritage-chronograph-178035345

Dude I don't want to rain on your parade , same pic an description

Hope this turns out ok teejay.. just found this on ioffer:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rolex-tudor-tiger-chronograph-newman-style-dial-179496329

same description as the ebay listing for over $1,000

very strange indeed.!

This one posts clearly gen pics : http://www.ioffer.com/i/tudor-rolex-monte-carlo-heritage-chronograph-178035345

p.s. the member is also a member for less than 30 days... Beware!

Thanks for the links, amigos, it's much appreciated :drinks: I'll give it till January 10th before starting to get concerned. If I don't hear anything by then, I'll start a PP dispute, and if I lose out, well, it's only £50, and I know folks've got rolled for much bigger fries. Who knows, maybe this will be a rep of that watch :whistling::bangin:

Good luck, hope you get something decent.

Robert of Prestige Watch Co., a dealer on RG recently said that most of the good old dealers on iOffer are gone, it's a complete crap shoot over there.

Here are some photos of some Tudor chronos showing up on iOffer, all for stupid cheap prices;

post-783-0-56714000-1291909762.jpg

post-783-0-37146400-1291909782.jpg

post-783-0-90410400-1291909806.jpg

This one shows up on multiple users and its the same photo, still, I offered $75 US and $30 US shipping, they responded that the quality is good on this item and the counter offer of $180. I think I'll decline on the counter offer.

post-783-0-18715600-1291909946.jpg

Good luck TeeJay, I hope you get something, post pictures if you do.

Cheers B)

Good luck, hope you get something decent.

Robert of Prestige Watch Co., a dealer on RG recently said that most of the good old dealers on iOffer are gone, it's a complete crap shoot over there.

I know Robert's not the most popular dealers around here, but, I must admit, the transaction I had with him was smooth as silk. I guess I'll just have to see what arrives (if anything)

Here are some photos of some Tudor chronos showing up on iOffer, all for stupid cheap prices;

post-783-0-56714000-1291909762.jpg

post-783-0-37146400-1291909782.jpg

post-783-0-90410400-1291909806.jpg

This one shows up on multiple users and its the same photo, still, I offered $75 US and $30 US shipping, they responded that the quality is good on this item and the counter offer of $180. I think I'll decline on the counter offer.

post-783-0-18715600-1291909946.jpg

Good luck TeeJay, I hope you get something, post pictures if you do.

Cheers B)

The one I paid for was that large one, but to be honest, even if something like the one you listed above on the strap arrives, I'll be happy :) Not that I'm happy with the idea of dealers (if they even deserve that title) scamming people, but at the prices involved, I've certainly seen people being rolled for worse... :pardon:

"If it's too good to be true...yada, yada, yada".... I hope it works out for you, but, I'd be terribly surprised if you receive anything from this transaction.

Tudor Chronos are GREAT watches and I've own/owned a lot of them. Just buy yourself a genuine for 2k +/- as they are well worth it, or build yourself one using an authentic dial, etc.

"If it's too good to be true...yada, yada, yada".... I hope it works out for you, but, I'd be terribly surprised if you receive anything from this transaction.

Tudor Chronos are GREAT watches and I've own/owned a lot of them. Just buy yourself a genuine for 2k +/- as they are well worth it, or build yourself one using an authentic dial, etc.

Yeah, I have to admit, it's not looking promising, but, early days yet, there's always a PP dispute of nothing arrives, and as above, I've seen people rolled for more, so not too fussed. I made the purchase knowing I could afford to lose the money if it didn't work out, so no-one to blame but myself if it doesn't work out :) I wouldn't buy genuine anything (at retail) on principle alone, but have been watching for the dials on eBay as they do come up from time to time :)

Yeah, I have to admit, it's not looking promising, but, early days yet, there's always a PP dispute of nothing arrives, and as above, I've seen people rolled for more, so not too fussed. I made the purchase knowing I could afford to lose the money if it didn't work out, so no-one to blame but myself if it doesn't work out :) I wouldn't buy genuine anything (at retail) on principle alone, but have been watching for the dials on eBay as they do come up from time to time :)

I sure hope it all works out for you. I just have my doubts, but, if they do deliver something to you I'd LOVE to see it. I spoke not long ago with a member who'd built 2 VERY nice frankens based on genuine dials. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was??? In fact, I'd love to remember so I could find out what Daytona version he used for the builds. I can tell you this they were VERY nice builds.... :)

Edited by OI812

• 5 weeks later...

Just to let folks know, I never received anything or heard anything from the 'seller', so armed with the information so kindly provided by Stormtrooper4, I've set the hounds of PP dispute on them. I know we're taking chances here, and I know our hobby is not entirely legal, but I won't stand for outright deception and stolen pics, so this guy deserves whatever he gets (losing my $78 :victory: ) I'll keep you all posted as to the progress of the claim :)

• 4 weeks later...