When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO Chrono: Gen vs. Rep Pictorial

italiano17771

Well i have always been a Breitling guy, but I always liked the PO chrono so I thought I would buy the rep. After doing some research it seemed there was a newer version with correct subdial spacing and double AR so i thought I would try 1 out.

While looking through the gen pics I found a gen for sale at a ridiculously low price and I had to buy it! All this b4 my rep even arrived! The guy was in NY, which is close to me so we met halfway over the weekend and there I was driving home with a beautiful gen on my wrist:) My rep arrived today so i thought this would be a great opportunity for some comparison pics.

Sorry for the boring story.....lets get to the fun stuff!!

Ok, first of all let me tell you, the rep is very nice! Yes of course there are some flaws like all reps, but hey for $300 its a great piece.

Biggest Flaw

---Sunken Datewheel

Other flaws

---rep has happy feet, although not that big if a deal....chrono sec hand kinda blocks it.

---GEN bracelet is amazing...rep not so bad....its rep though!

---dial does not change color like the gen. Gen changes to grey when in light....rep stays black....see pics.

---outer silver border around bezel too wide.

---inner silver border surrounding crystal not as dark silver as gen

---pearl of course...geez is it really that hard to put a circle in the middle of a triangle!! lol Its really not that bad....i just wish it wasnt as green....gen is white.

---caseback has some flaws, although that doesnt really bother me. See pics.

****NOTE ABOUT PICS---GEN LOOKS BIGGER IN PICS.....ITS SAME SIZE....GEN JUST SITS HIGHER SO IT IS SLIGHTLY CLOSER AND APPEARS BIGGER.

***Surprisingly the AR is really good....just a lighter blue than the gen. Gen is like breitling ar...purple/blue.

I am sure I might have missed a few things, but again, I am very happy with this rep. It really is a nice piece and I would suggest it to anybody that doesnt have sunken DW OCD.....even though I do :lol:

Sorry for the quick Blackberry pics...kind of in a rush!

Gen VS. Rep Pics

img00019201012131518.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img00020201012131519.jpg

img00021201012131519.jpg

img00022201012131520.jpg

img00023201012131520.jpg

img00024201012131521.jpg

A FEW MORE GEN PICS

img00015201012121231.jpg

img00014201012121230.jpg

HEY FRANKIE GOT IN THE PIC!!:D

img00013201012121228.jpg

img00012201012121227.jpg

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

Nice side by side. Some of the other things I noticed:

Pushers are different - both the colored top-part as well as the riveted base-part. 

Pusher position is not only closer to crown (as mentioned before) but also closer to the caseback. 

Caseback is missing the anti-counterfit globe .

Datefont is different.

Since the first version of the PO Chrono (quite some time ago, I did a review on that one) it seems the only real improvement was the repositioning of the subdials to the gen's layout. As far as I remember, this required extra gears on the A7750. 

Omega Ocean planet is brilliantly curved,brushed case edges,to the chunky solid back,this is one of the finest hand piece ever made.Anyone know an easy way of getting one of these?

@Morganwell

If you're wondering about how to get a Genuine one.. I'd reccomend stopping by your local Authorized Omega dealer and ordering one :)

If you're wondering about an easy way of getting a Replica.... I suggest reading the site!!

Welcome to the forum Morganwell. Do your homework and you'll be enlightened.. The answers are here for your to discover not for you to discover, not for us to dictate :)

Thanks for the review Italiano and congratulations on your beautiful SMPO chrono. I hope to have the gen one day myself. I have the orange bezel version also. Not the most accurate rep available but overall quailty Is pretty good,I like mine. Im thinking now that there is a A7753 movement they can Improve this rep and get rid of that SDW,I hope so anyway, thanks again :good:

• 2 weeks later...