When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most accurate ss bezel insert.

hebrewhammer

I found one of the older threads listing good sources for accurate bezel inserts but most of them are no longer in existance. I'm looking for a standard ss one for my noob. Where are you guys getting your bezel inserts these days?

I have bought many different inserts through the years from all the available sources and to be honest, I was never happy with any of them. I finally found and bought a gen. It's amazing to me how the subtle differences make such a big impact.

most of the ebay inserts are pretty comparable.

I have to agree. If tou're looking to make it look a lot more accurate, a gen is the ONLY way to go. none of the rep or even the aftermarket ones are identical to the real thing.

If you're dressing up a 16610, , as d-rock said, only around 150.00 USD. When you get into vintage like 1665,1680, 5513 etc. good ones are up around 200-300 USD and in a lot of cases, the pearl is missing. I just bought one for my 1665 project, it was close to 250.00 USD and a Tritium pearl cost me another 110.00 USD so 360.00 USD for the complete insert.

Yea it's just a Submariner 16610. This seems like a pretty good idea to get the gen. I'm gonna keep an eye out for a gen. On a side note, there is a wm9 insert available here, that wouldn't be any better right?

I just bought a genuine 16610 bezel (no insert) as I already have a genuine) from a place in France called Chrono-Shop. their prices are pretty good, but their postage rates are too high. He quoted me a price on a set of 585 endlinks and his price was fair, but he wanted 26 Euros postage!! I just couldn't do that! look around on the Vintage Rolex Market and Rolex forum. doesn't hurt to put a "Want to buy" ad over on those sites. All the sapphire model Sub bezel inserts are interchangable, so if they list one for a 16800, it should fit a 16610.

I have bought many different inserts through the years from all the available sources and to be honest, I was never happy with any of them. I finally found and bought a gen. It's amazing to me how the subtle differences make such a big impact.

most of the ebay inserts are pretty comparable.

AGREE 100% until you hold a gen insert in your hands you wont understand the subtleties that make it so much better.