When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All the watches that went through my hands in 2010...

Whatever123

I just made up a list of all the watches I bought and sold again in 2010... it's a bit scary, I think I'm addicted... :black_eye:

Anyway, I needed to see all those watches in person to get to the collection I now have. I'm pretty satisfied atm and I think 2011 will be much calmer... maybe 2 or 3 new reps. As my watchbox is full now (12 seats) I will have to sell one of my actual watches if I want a new one - that makes it harder, lol. Imagine I would have bought all the gens to find out they're not for me...

I learned a lot here during this year - RWG is my favourite watch forum, rep and gen! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's the list (with reasons for selling), enjoy:

• B&R 03-92 - Had issues + not good enough
    • Submariner 6538 - Too small for me
      • Omega SMP 300 - Bough the gen
        • GMT Master II 21J - No use
          • Longines Hydroconquest Chrono - Got it in a trade, didn't wear it
            • Ceramic Sub - Just wanted to take a look at it, prefer my WM9 V2
              • Explorer II Steve McQueen - Parted it out, not my style
                • Anonimo Chronoscopio Chrono - Too big for me
                  • GMT IIc - Didn't wear it, Still, if an updated model comes out I'll be in for one again
                    • Omega PO 42mm 2x - A cheapo and a good one, didn't wear them
                      • Yachtmaster - Got a better one for my wife
                        • TH Carrera Chrono - Nice but didn't wear it
                          • Double red SD - Got it as part of a trade deal, not for me
                            • Datejust - See above
                              • Little Hero PAM 111i - Got a gen 112
                                • Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date - Didn't wear it
                                  • Gen Citizen Nighthawk - I though I needed a quarz watch in my collection... No...

[*]EL PAM 111H - Because I bough the Little Hero

[*]UPO with all the goodies - Felt a bit clumsy on my wrist

[*]Sinn U1 SDR with gen bezel - Not really my style

[*]Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL - Nice but a cheapo, not good enough

[*]PAM 63 - Didn't wear it

[*]Breitling Skyland V2 - Not my style, too bling-bling... ;-)

[*]IWC Aquatimer Slevin - Actually I liked it very much, but somehow I didn't wear it...

[*]Omega Speedmaster Pro - Too small for me + prefer Seamasters

[*]PAM Arktos - Too clumsy...

[*]PAM 002a - Sold to save up for the LH

[*]PAM 005 - Not good enough...

[*]PAM 111E - To make room for a EL 111

[*]PAM 111H - See above

[*]Gen Magrette Regattare - Didn't wear it

[*]Fiddy - Too big for me, preferred the 44mm models

[*]Gen TH Carrera Chrono - Didn't wear it

Cheers,

Whatever

I think I lost around 400 euros overall. That's not too bad for being able to examine all those watches in person me thinks... and other hobbies are expensive, too... ;)

Not too bad at all, for such a crazy list...

Actually, if you're just a bit patient and know your ways around, the only money you should lose is for shipping charges.

I've had the pleasure of purchasing some of that list, the Longines just arrived this week actually, what an incredible piece that is!! The build quality and finish on it is fantastic!!

Always get an amazing deal with Mr.123, always a pleasure!!

What was the gen Tag? I must have missed that one?!

Sixx :bones:

Clearly you are in the "gotta have them all" phase (that reference for those folks with kids who have gone through the Pokemon phase). :lol: Congrats on going through all those watches and only being out 400 Euros. I suspect you will settle down to a core group of watches. I started with a half dozen gens, morphed up to almost 50 reps in various forms of franken a few years ago and finally settled down to 20 or so core watches. Okay, maybe 25..... ;)

OK, I re-calculated... actually I'm out about 500 euros. Still it's not too bad.

My watchbox has 12 places and it's full now. I won't buy another box or a bigger one... whenever I buy a new watch I will sell one from my current collection. That makes it a lot tougher... :whistling:

12 watches is more than enough, there are even 3 or 4 I almost never wear...