When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's here! UVPO 42mm with DG4813 Mvmt

rcook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mine yesterday. asian clone version, from MR. Perfect transaction. QC, communication, waterproof tested, the whole 9. Very impressive watch and transaction. I'll probably do a review, if not at least post some pics soon.

I think the best way and an easy swap too, wouldent you say

Without a doubt. The only PO i've ever owned was a 42 POrikka. It made me realize how right a 42mm PO was for me, however I was not fond of the orange version I had. I knew the new 42mm was going to be a keeper up until if/when I buy a gen. Maybe I won't swap parts out, but it's serviceable, and reliable. I didn't want another few-month-then-fail 21j.

dial and date wheel fonts are silver instead of white

They must be using different dials for the 21j's, the font is white on my dial/dw.

Yes, it is not a very very obvious silver but still not white, exactly same as in pic above.

What is more I feel like it may be even a bit blurry to boot, not as crisp as I'd want it to be.

Actually after a full day with it today I came to conclusion it pissess me off a little so now the question is - is it 100% sure info that DG4813 will NOT work with gen hands and dial? I feel like ordering a gen dial/hand/bezel combo from ofrei...

What about date wheel then - are eta dw's interchangeable with DG movements?

And if not - can I just throw a 2824 or 2836 in easily as they see to be cheap enough to do it like this and not wait for another whole watch with eta only to throw half of it away anyway?

Thnx alot for all the great pics. Very nice to be able to compare white vs orange numerals. Just placed an order with the orange numerals, so i dont have to bother with the off white issue ;) Im amazed with what you can get for 128$, finaly prices seem to be back on track.

Thnx again!

Edited by slask111

SQL_PL you are correct. But with white numerals you have 3 different shades of white on the dial (date/numerals/markers), and i would like to get away from that by just ordering the one with orange numerals.

Btw, with the 4813, you wont be able to install gen HEV and crown?

Still can't decide between black/orange or black/white :-) Any suggestions? ;-)

I think I'll get one in black orange... That gives a bit of life to the dial... And makes it look more different from my speedmaster (helps me justifying to my wife getting yet another watch ;) )

I'm about the pull the trigger on one of these but the creamy green dials/hands are putting me off a bit... how bad is it?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the mechanism of these watches... are they quartz, automatic, or wind-up?

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse00257-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9577.html

Is this what's known also as the "5th gen PO?"

Edited by corbin

Nevermind... I see now that its automatic. I think I'm about to buy one.

Right now I'm torn between movements - DG4813 or the ETA2824.

Any confirmation yet on if the 4813 can be switched to 2824? Seems like everyone wants to know the answer to this question... anybody?

Edited by corbin

Does this accept genuine parts? Or does only the ETA movement accept genuine parts? Is it the movement that allows the genuine parts or specific things about the rest of the watch the ETA comes in?

Basically, I want to know whether this watch can be modded fully into the genuine part-accepting $298 ETA2824 clone.

Does this accept genuine parts? Or does only the ETA movement accept genuine parts? Is it the movement that allows the genuine parts or specific things about the rest of the watch the ETA comes in?

Basically, I want to know whether this watch can be modded fully into the genuine part-accepting $298 ETA2824 clone.

The DG4813 version supposedly has the same case, bezel, caseback, crystal, and bracelet as the ETA or Clone version; however, that's where the similarities begin to fade. The dial feet are different, the hands are not interchangeable, and of course the movement & mvmt holder. If you want the best bang-for-the-buck watch, the DG4813 version cannot be beaten. But if you have any plans to fully mod the watch with gen parts, then do yourself a favor and get at least the Clone version, which you can easily drop in a gen dial and hands. It'll be close to 2x the price, but it may be worth it, depending on your future plans.

Just got the new PO with DG4813 movement, all white markers - the fit and finish of this watch is really amazing.

But, the HE valve and crown are really too thick, stick way out from case.

Just got the new PO with DG4813 movement, all white markers - the fit and finish of this watch is really amazing.

But, the HE valve and crown are really too thick, stick way out from case.

This might be true to the GEN as well, since i think the 42mm uses the same crown and valve as the 45.5mm version. Maybe an expert can verify that :)

I bought the 128$ PO from josh when these first came out and love it too...

But..now I have the mod itch and want to swap dial,hands,crown and He. I just found out since I have the DG4813 movement...it's not gonna work.

Wish I had researched more. I guess I will have to buy another Po with the ETA.

The DG4813 version supposedly has the same case, bezel, caseback, crystal, and bracelet as the ETA or Clone version; however, that's where the similarities begin to fade. The dial feet are different, the hands are not interchangeable, and of course the movement & mvmt holder. If you want the best bang-for-the-buck watch, the DG4813 version cannot be beaten. But if you have any plans to fully mod the watch with gen parts, then do yourself a favor and get at least the Clone version, which you can easily drop in a gen dial and hands. It'll be close to 2x the price, but it may be worth it, depending on your future plans.

Eh, that's the problem... it seems that to fully mod the Clone version, the total cost is around $1300. To me, that really can't be justified when a good used version of the gen is $2500. If the gen was a $10,000 watch, sure, spend 1/10 of that on a rep. I just can't justify spending 60% of the genuine price on a replica... to me its worth spending the 40% more and having the real PO.

Unless my figures are wrong, of course...

And I suppose another thing to consider is how cool it is to have a heavily self-modified watch on your wrist... although I'm not sure if I have time right now to become obsessed with another hobby. (been there done that)

Edited by corbin

• 2 months later...