When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The truly ultimate (gen) omega

kramerica2

So, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a gen, and after much considerations, I decided on the moonwatch. I looked for a watch that I could justify buying a gen instead of settling with a rep. A watch that hasn't been replicated very well, and would have a significant history and a soul. Oh, and if possible, that wouldn't cost more than 3000$.... The moonwatch, with the classic hesalite and manual winding was perfect for the job.

So, after that short intro, a short wrist photo that doesn't do justice with the watch, but for now, it will do:

img0553n.jpg

Two days ago i was at an omega ad and checked out a new Apollo Soyuz.... Damn what a sweet watch! That meteorite dial, rhodium plated hands and markers... Wow. Caseback is awesome too, very 3D-looking in real life.

One thing I did not like was the price, $8k... A little too much for a speedy with different dial and caseback... Ouch.

So, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a gen, and after much considerations, I decided on the moonwatch. I looked for a watch that I could justify buying a gen instead of settling with a rep. A watch that hasn't been replicated very well, and would have a significant history and a soul. Oh, and if possible, that wouldn't cost more than 3000$....

I had exactly that same thought process- but ended up with a PO 45.5 instead. Love the Moon watch though- love to see them on leather too. Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly that same thought process- but ended up with a PO 45.5 instead. Love the Moon watch though- love to see them on leather too. Enjoy it!

Excellent choice, sir, and oh- how much do I want one..?!

I'd thought that the Speedys were well replicated, but what do I know? I ended up with a 2531.80 SMP, as there's not one replica (other than the coveted old factory version) with the correct HE valve position. Gets more wrist time than any other! post-6467-0-84806000-1295148638.jpg