When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

78360 Oyster Bracelets

vlydog

well.....I call up one of my local AD's (only 2 in the city)....told them my old man's GMT Master has been lying around for years since the bracelet broke.....I can't find the bracelet and only have the watch-head.....I'll take it next Monday so they can look at it.

what did concern me was that she said they will try to see if ROlex still has the original bracelet and markings that belong to the 1675.......which would be kinda sad if they did not have the 78360 with the 580 Endlinks.....I hope they don't try to pass off some other bracelet???

She could not quote me a price on the bracelet....and obviously they want you in there to go over the watch and sell you their overhaul and maintenance

Let's see how this turns out....I'll keep you guys posted next week

Edited by btocamelo

• 1 month later...

Few weeks ago, I dropped off the old 1675 at the Rolex AD....I took it without the 78360(580)bracelet...it was lost somehow :whistling:

Well...I got the call back from the Rolex AD today....after they sent it to New York.

It seems all those years in 70's & 80's that my old man wore that watch and very little service....they said the midcase had some oxidation(pitting?) and they would not service it because they would not be able to pressure test it and guarantee waterproofing and warranty.

BUT...for a whopping $4100, they would do a whole new midcase, crown, tube, overhaul.....$4100!!!!

OPTION #2

They would install a new bracelet and endlinks for $575.00.....no service, no nothing........obviously the AD wants to make some money, so she tells me that her watchsmith could give an estimate on an overhaul....probably about $400 to do an overhaul....which obviously they are going to want to drop in a new crown and tube, plexi, etc...

So I figure $575.00 is not a bad price to pay for a brand new oyster bracelet.....I'm hoping it is 78360 w/580 endlinks!

Ahhh...you gotta love Rolex Service......

But I am worried about the midcase....I'll open it up once I get it back.

Edited by btocamelo

That's a really good price and you won't have to worry about authenticity.

I really hate hunting for Rolex spare parts. My previous source isn't able to order parts anymore (and obviously was selling with a huge mark-up anyway) so I asked a local AD for bracelet prices and was quoted 900€ (WTF?) :yuk: for a 78350 with 571.

In about two weeks I'll check out a vintage watch fair, perhaps these guys aren't totally insane.

I understand having trouble picking up these vintage fitted bracelets, but what about modern bracelets like a 931500 for my new TW BK sub? Is ebay the only choice there? I have a noob sub bracelet coming that has hollow mid links and was going to try to do what chefcook did (fusing the two together -- taking the clasp and tight fitting end links from the bracelet that comes with the watch and installing the midlinks from the noob bracelet), but how hard would it be to get my hands on a genuine bracelet and what kind of $$$ would I be looking at?

in the case of the new style bracelets with SELs.....you run the risk that the GEN SELs won't exactly line up tight on the inside lug holes of the REP case......it's easier to do this with non-SEL bracelets because the springbar and hollow endlinks are more forgiving

Unless you have a buddy with a newer style GEN Rolex that you can use to test the fit of the newer bracelet in REP case.

I understand having trouble picking up these vintage fitted bracelets, but what about modern bracelets like a 931500 for my new TW BK sub? Is ebay the only choice there? I have a noob sub bracelet coming that has hollow mid links and was going to try to do what chefcook did (fusing the two together -- taking the clasp and tight fitting end links from the bracelet that comes with the watch and installing the midlinks from the noob bracelet), but how hard would it be to get my hands on a genuine bracelet and what kind of $$ would I be looking at?