When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NOOB FACTORY EXP II

d-rock

The rehaut is not steep enough, this is the difference I can see (recently learned that point...).

Indeed....as I watched from the shadows on that one....I could see the cyclops favoring the right side of the crystal...which is the purpose of this thread...2,3,4,5 pairs of "experienced" eyes are better than 1 not so experienced pair....watch...ask....listen....learn.

Edited by d-rock

And you can determine this ...how ?

If By-tor says its not a Noob, then its not a Noob. I agree though, the case is completely wrong, and the dial looks horrible on this one. By-tor is the Noobfactory EXP2 expert and has done reviews and pictorials on his Noobfactory Explorers. He has also built franken EXP2's with gen dials I believe. If you search the forum you will find them.

dizz

I have to agree Dizzy...If By-tor and Star69 say it's not a Noob then it's not a Noob. I'm inquiring as to the "tells" that it's not so that I may better my ability to point these out myself. It seems this is isn't the first one that's being shown as a Noob because it was sold to the buyer as one. (and IMO looks to be a VERY nice EXP II.) So my search continues and thanks for all the info guys.

Edited by d-rock

And you can determine this ...how ?

Just like WM9 Sub and YM, the Noob ExpII has gen-like crystal construction, and very noticeable "crystal ring thickness" when you look it from the front view. The crystal construction and rehaut on the one you posted looks absolutely terrible and wokky.

38048527.jpg

How can you not notice it... it's completely different on the Noob. Very gen-like. The cheap typical crap that most dealers offer don't come even close.

71788152.jpg

Thanks By-Tor....THAT'S the kind of knowledge I'm seeking. So it's safe to say that if any other EXP II'sI look at do not have the same look to the crystal ring and the same look to the rehaut as the BK Transformer GMT II, then they're likely not the Noob Factory version I'm needing??

Edited by d-rock

I was always under the impression that gen GMT II (16710) and Explorer II have same cases too. Same case, same function (save the rotating bezel on the 16710).

So it's only logical that good replicas follow this trend too.

I have to admit, I've just held the Transformer up in the light and at every angle possible I simply can't get the rehaut to look like the one in the pics I've posted. I'm not sure why I hadn't considered using it for a "referrence point" on comparison. And having done so I see many differences in the two, all which have already been mentioned..hadn't noticed the crown sitting that low in the case till it was mentioned, though...GOOD EYE...though I admit I fail to see how the dial on this looks horrible Dizzy....what are you referring to.?? Thanks again for all the info/input guys.

Edited by d-rock

One more thing is noobs also had nice gen like bold engravings on the bezel, this one clearly has too thin numbers!

One more thing is noobs also had nice gen like bold engravings on the bezel, this one clearly has too thin numbers!

I was always under the impression that gen GMT II (16710) and Explorer II have same cases too. Same case, same function (save the rotating bezel on the 16710).

So it's only logical that good replicas follow this trend too.

No doubt there is a HUGE difference in the exp II pics I've posted and the GMT II Transformer. I have a referrence model on my wrist,,,THAT'S gonna help...THANKS GUYS.....hate to admit how "clueless" I actually was and you have saved me a good bit of money...I wasn't sure...and wanted to be...and now I know how very little I actually knew of the Noob and the exp II.....THANKS !!!!!

Edited by d-rock