When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Carrera Day Date from Joshua

Weekendwatcher

Very nice watch, congratulations! If I´m not mistaken it´s the newer version. The movement looks good too...

Didn't know a new version of this watch had come out. What's the differences?

Weekendwatcher: Mind if I ask approx how much the gen strap cost and where you got it?

Didn't know a new version of this watch had come out. What's the differences?

Weekendwatcher: Mind if I ask approx how much the gen strap cost and where you got it?

I'm getting the black leather deployant band from the Monaco. I looked at the oem day date strap at my AD and it didn't feel much different than the one that came with mine. To replace the strap with an original, it would be $340, but the Monaco strap (that I like better anyway is only $150 at my AD. I ordered one through watchbands.com for $120.

I'm getting the black leather deployant band from the Monaco. I looked at the oem day date strap at my AD and it didn't feel much different than the one that came with mine. To replace the strap with an original, it would be $340, but the Monaco strap (that I like better anyway is only $150 at my AD. I ordered one through watchbands.com for $120.

Great info. Thanks and enjoy your new watch and band.

Really nice!

I've been looking for that watch.

Is this the model you ordered from Joshua?

/tgca00112-carrera-43mm-chrono-ssle-a7750-p-6034.html

There is several similar, but I want the one you've bought. No limited editions.

I actually bought the Titanium version of the one you're looking at. Mine is the 00125, you are looking at the 00112, which looks to be the same watch with a polished SS case. You may want to ask Josh.

I actually bought the Titanium version of the one you're looking at. Mine is the 00125, you are looking at the 00112, which looks to be the same watch with a polished SS case. You may want to ask Josh.

Thanks, you ordered from his website?

I've read that some dealers have special prices to rwg-members, which isn't displayed at the homepage.

No crooked numbers indeed. Nice looking Carrera DD! I think I see it, there is the micro adjust lever present on the movement?

No "new" versions of this watch, this oversized 42mm in all of its variations is the new model as far as i'm aware. Fantastic rep. The gen has silver colored screws in the movement instead of blue (already mentioned, I know), and if you look closely at the TAG shield on the dial, the TAG font is missing the pointed arrow heads like the gen. The dial texture is a little different on the gen. These are things that are so subtle, which makes this such a great out of the box rep. As far as the mvmt screws, blue burnished screws look damn cool, however when you get the 7750 serviced (which I hope you will), you could opt to have them changed out, thats my plan.

The Ti case looks great, I applaud your taste- especially in staying away from that limited edition fake carbon fiber stuff on most of the Ti models. I didn't know they had a plain 42mm Titanium rep until I saw yours.

By the way, you did well on buying gen leather, too. You obviously did your research. The aftermarket stuff I've tried is too close to gen prices and too far from gen quality to consider. Gen leather is the way to go, lesson learned, and it's on my list to pick up. The rep bracelet is fantastic, I recommend you pick one up. The end links on the rep are a little "pillowed" looking compared to gen, but they really knocked the rep bracelet out of the park. Gen end links are steep, something like $80 per, or a pair.. either way. I'd rather re-profile the polished center stripes to a flatter appearance then pay platinum prices for steel.

Loving my Carrera! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

IMG_3800-Copy.jpg

CL3.jpg