When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1st Post, 1st Rep...learning the hard way...

Bruxon

Hi folks,

First of all, I´d like to apologize for any english mistake...

I´m completely new to the rep game and unfortunately, I just found a few rep forums now, after buying my first rep.

Referred by a friend, I got to know a rep website, which seemed to be very good. He had bought a rep there and it was very good, so I was confident on buying there too. So I bought this Breitling rep. Since I can´t post links here, I´ll copy and past it´s description...

-------

Breitling Bentley GT Chronograph Brown Leather Strap White Dial

Movement: Kinetic

Quality: Japanese

Back: 18k yellow gold push-in case back with Breitling engravings

Band Type: Leather

Case: 18k yellow gold plated stainless steel case

Bracelet: Brown crocodile leather strap with patent white stitching and heat embossed Breitling engravings and engraved 18k yellow gold plated fold in clasp with Breitling logo on top

Bracelet Length: 255 x 21 mm

Bezel: 18k yellow gold plated unidirectional cutwork bezel with tachymeter

Diameter: 49 x 44 mm

Crown: 18k yellow gold plated stainless steel crown with Breitling logo and two smaller crowns on either side of it

--------

Well, now after searching through the web I found out that this is a scam site and there are more trusted dealers out there....

The issue is, The quality only said "japanese" and I was expecting that the second hand would sweep instead of tick. The breitling that my friend bought, had the same "japanese" description (although it is a diferent model), but his second hand sweeps....

I bought another watch, same order as the breitling one, that had the same "japanese" description...and it second hand sweeps...so this is why I´m confused...

The truth is, I´m not sure on what to expect from this rep...as I´m a noob on this game...should the second hand sweep or tick?

After reading a very great post from a user on another rep forum, he says that this is normal for quartz reps....and as the watch I bought is a chronograph, I should just let the second hand stopped and enjoy the watch as it is...

For my next aquisitions, I´ll make sure I learn a lot about this stuff first...in order to buy with more confidence...

Thanks to all... :)

First of all welcome to RWG,you have found the best rep/gen forum In existence. Dont feel to bad,all of us were new at one time or another. It sounds like you got this watch or something close to It.3.jpg This a cheeper quartz rep,dosent look to bad but the movement Is all wrong. The gen GT has a automatic movement with the sweeping sec hand. The quartz has the ticking sec hand,anyone who knows watches will know the difference. If you are ok with It fine,If not then do some research for the better/more accurate Asian(automatic chronograph) 7750 models. A kinetic movement Is nothing but a quartz that Is powerd by the motion of your arm/wrist,very few reps If any have this movement. There Is no such thing as a Japanese rep,they are all made In China,or somewhere In Asia. There are many scam sites out there as you know,stick to the trusted dealers here and you wont go wrong. Take your time and do plenty of reading,the Infomation here is the best that you will find anywhere. If you have any questions dont hesitate, good luck. :) Mike (ps) Sorry about the big pic :pardon:

First of all welcome to RWG,you have found the best rep/gen forum In existence. Dont feel to bad,all of us were new at one time or another. It sounds like you got this watch or something close to It.

This a cheeper quartz rep,dosent look to bad but the movement Is all wrong. The gen GT has a automatic movement with the sweeping sec hand. The quartz has the ticking sec hand,anyone who knows watches will know the difference. If you are ok with It fine,If not then do some research for the better Asian(automatic chronograph) 7750 models. A kinetic movement Is nothing but a quartz that Is powerd by the motion of your arm/wrist,very few reps If any have this movement. There Is no such thing as a Japanese rep,they are all made In China,or somewhere In Asia. There are many scam sites out there as you know,stick to the trusted dealers here and you wont go wrong. Take your time and do plenty of reading,the Infomation here is the best that you will find anywhere. If you have any questions dont hesitate, good luck. :) Mike (ps) Sorry about the big pic :pardon:

Thanks for the reply maxman.

Well, this is indeed the watch I got....or it´s really close to it...lol

Well...I´m not THAT OK with that...I want a rep....but I want a good one... :) We all do right? Reading a little bit on this forum I found something about those 7750 models...my next one will certainly be one of those.

Something that came to my mind when I was buying....was that I went to the breitling website and tried to find the gen watch for the one I was buying, but I couldn´t...I thoght that is was something related to, I don´t know, old versions or something like that....should had figure out that it was all wrong...

Well...I´ll try to work that out...probably sell to a friend who doesn´t really care about the movement and I´ll buy me a new (and this time good) one...

[]´s

My first rep was the Omega PO chronograph quartz :black_eye: lol. I did not know anything about movements,when I found out the gen was automatic I lost Interest In the watch,although It did look good. I gave It to a friend who did some tile work for me,he took about a $100.00 off the bill,so It worked out ok. Just do a search for Breitling GT Images,you will find many pics of the gen to compare to the rep.:)

My first rep was the Omega PO chronograph quartz :black_eye: lol. I did not know anything about movements,when I found out the gen was automatic I lost Interest In the watch,although It did look good. I gave It to a friend who did some tile work for me,he took about a $100.00 off the bill,so It worked out ok. Just do a search for Breitling GT Images,you will find many pics of the gen to compare to the rep.:)

This is exactely How I feel...you see, the watch itself is indeed beautiful and seems to be well crafted...but everytime I look at it, I´ll think "this should not be like this"...I just...lost interest in it.

Try this

wow...this is great. Now I just need to find out the rep for this gen....

Edited by Bruxon

This is exactely How I feel...you see, the watch itself is indeed beautiful and seems to be well crafted...but everytime I look at it, I´ll think "this should not be like this"...I just...lost interest in it.

wow...this is great. Now I just need to find out the rep for this gen....

Good place to start http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/12678-community-guid-to-best-breitling-replicas/ I dont really see to many examples of accurate GT models,the ones I do see are from a few years back. If you like chronographs take a look at the Breitling Skyland Avenger and the Skyland Avenger Code Yellow,very accurate and very well made reps.

Good place to start I dont really see to many examples of accurate GT models,the ones I do see are from a few years back. If you like chronographs take a look at the Breitling Skyland Avenger and the Skyland Avenger Code Yellow,very accurate and very well made reps.

Well, I prefer the Breitling for Bentley design...there´s no need to be a GT anyway...I just like them more... :)

welcome to RWG. Do your research and you´ll be just fine. Chances are, your tastes will also change as you learn more about different models. I was set on a Rolex Yachtmaster when I was a noob... I bought one.. and now its my least favorite watch! I keep it for sentimental value but barely ever put it on!

Welcome!

One thing, did you receive the watch you purchased?

If you did, then you weren't scammed. You were just misinformed.

When you can, post pictures of the piece.

Good luck on future purchases.

Paco

sure he was scammed.. Any website that says the watch has "japanese" quality is a scam site. Plain and simple. Regardless of whether or not youreceive the watch. If you pay too much, receive low quality goods, or are deceived into thinking the product is something it is not.. it's a SCAM!!!!

welcome to RWG...

my advice...get a couple bottles of wine and/or a six-pack of beer and hunker down for a few hours and begin the learning process...a ritual highly recommended...

you have a long road of learning ahead - but you're amongst a mostly friendly bunch of horological eccentrics...enjoy RWG!...

and soooooo glad that a Breitling and not a Rolex brought you here... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R-

welcome to RWG...

my advice...get a couple bottles of wine and/or a six-pack of beer and hunker down for a few hours and begin the learning process...a ritual highly recommended...

you have a long road of learning ahead - but you're amongst a mostly friendly bunch of horological eccentrics...enjoy RWG!...

and soooooo glad that a Breitling and not a Rolex brought you here... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R-

I like the way you think,thats the way I did It :drunk:

Thanks for all the welcome messages guys...

I´ll surely read a lot in order to start my learning process, and RWG will have a very important task on that matter...

Regarding the watches I bought, yes I did receive them. Regardless of being a scam site or not, I was surely misinformed when I decided to buy the watches...

I´m actually wearing a watch that I bought there...but I was holding high expectations on the Breitling one, it was my favorite...and that´s why I was so upset when I realized quality wasn´t what I was looking for.

I´ll try to take some pictures later tonight and will post here.

Cheers folks.

sure he was scammed.. Any website that says the watch has "japanese" quality is a scam site. Plain and simple. Regardless of whether or not youreceive the watch. If you pay too much, receive low quality goods, or are deceived into thinking the product is something it is not.. it's a SCAM!!!!

You are assuming things, first off our friend says that the watch is beautiful and has great build quality, second off he never says that he paid too much. His problem is that he THOUGHT he was going to get an automatic replica and he got a quartz. That's his main problem.

Suppose he spend 150 bucks for it. Was he scammed?

The problem is the lack of previous research and the shitty description of the watch on the shitty webpage.

If anything i'm surprised of the OP's naivity regarding the purchase.

How much did you pay Bruxon???

The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I bought my first rep watch. The B&R 01 in my sig photo cost me $150 and turned out to be quartz when it arrived. I just didn't know any better.

A good replica watch with a21j movement has a street price of about $40. Thinking $150 is a fair price for a quartz rep is madness.

You are assuming things, first off our friend says that the watch is beautiful and has great build quality, second off he never says that he paid too much. His problem is that he THOUGHT he was going to get an automatic replica and he got a quartz. That's his main problem.

Suppose he spend 150 bucks for it. Was he scammed?

The problem is the lack of previous research and the shitty description of the watch on the shitty webpage.

If anything i'm surprised of the OP's naivity regarding the purchase.

How much did you pay Bruxon???

Plaifender is not assuming anything, he is stating the facts. when a rep site says one thing then delivers another,well thats a scam. If you dont like the word "scam" how about "misrepresent". In my eyes there is no difference. The funny thing is you accuse the op of "navity" I think you mean"naivety"

@ Kalvilmer..

Take it easy bro. A scam is a scam is a scam is a scam.. and the scam websites know exactly what they're doing and what's available in the market place.. they count of helpless victims no "knowing any better", just because someone is naive.. doesn't mean they can't get scammed.. In fact.. it means they'll get scammed even easier.. No need to argue about semantics. Calm your tone down a bit and help a brother out. You're lucky enough to have found us before something like this happened to you, but keep in mind that you could have easily done the same thing as him a month ago before joing us Kal.

Look on the bright side, We're all here now.. and none of will be "scammed" "cheated" or "duped" any time in the future :)

Hi folks...

Well, I was a bit naive indeed...I did not search before buying...Well, I did search, but not that much...and since a friend of mine was satisfied with his watch, I decided to buy one too...

I just found RWG after receiving the watch and realizing that it was not what I was expecting...so I decided to learn more in order to be able to avoid this mistake in the future. :victory: As I heard once..."Even a kick in the ass...is a way to move forward..." :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I paid $200 + Shipping for the watch...and your will find a few pics of it bellow...Well, since this is my first time taking pic from a watch, I wasn´t sure of what to show...and the quality of the pics is not that good, since I took them with a cell phone....also, there is still a plastc layer around the watch, to prevet scratches..

breitling02.jpg

breitling03.jpg

breitling04.jpg

breitling06.jpg

There is also a few pics from a Tag Heuer Carrera, from the same seller/site. This also thicks instead of sweeping...Here they go:

carrera01.jpg

carrera02.jpg

carrera03.jpg

carrera04.jpg

carrera05.jpg

The Carrera costed $108 + shipping.