When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paging Flex :) Hoping you'll share a little background on a pair of beauties!

ubiquitous

I sat down and had a nice chat with Flex over coffee last month, but, unfortunately, he didn't have either of those watches on him. He did give me the scoop on the Newman on the right, and it's a jaw-dropper. There are a lot of amazing pieces in his collection that we sometimes get a glimpse of (e.g. that pair, the Rolex Moonphase), but he claims he doesn't show them off so much, since his photographic skills aren't that great.

Nonsense! With subjects like the above, Flex could use a wireless, infrared webcam and still come up with beautiful shots! Heck, I'll gladly take pictures of all of them the next time I'm in Hong Kong.

1176325338_jBPRu-L.jpg

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been busy with Chinese New Year Holidays.. I havn't actively been checking in lately.

Both watches were bulit by The Zigmeister. His attention to details & knowledges never failed to amaze me.

Daytona PN

The PN dial was a Texas dial I picked in a watchshow. Other than that,it is a basic bulit with Valjoux 72 movement. it is still a work in progress. I will replace that bezel with a geninue bezel like my 6265.

No Crown Sub

The Sub on the left is bulit from a cheap cartel-based no-crown sub. The Zigmeister magically lumed the dial and hands. The color of the dial and hands are absoultly perfect. The picture did not capture the dial and hands very well. I have been staring at the dial/ hands in my office everyday. The insert is still the cheap cartel insert. On the sub, I will replace the crystal. Just a budget sub!

All credits go to The Zigmeister. I have relatives that collect vintage Rolex so I am exposed to the geninues and can mod my projects accordingly (I myself collect PP).

@LHOOQ - I actually have been buying alot of camera gears after our short GTG. I've recently bought a Lumix GF2 and lots of lens for my Canon. There are still a few more wathces that I want to capture in my new camera set-up.

The PN dial was a Texas dial I picked in a watchshow.

Not to take anything away from its overall beauty, but I do not think your dial is 1 of the infamous 'Texas' Newmans. It looks like the 2-color version of the dial I have in my 6239 (notable due to the slightly too small subdials & slightly too wide spacing between subdials & minute track), which gets most of the details correct (especially, the 'long-tail' 3 in the minute totalizer) with the exception of the subdial dimensions (slightly too small)

flat4bezel0111.jpg

Compare with a gen dial (note relatively tiny space between outer edge of subdials & minute track)

RX6241PNYG-01.jpg

The 'Texas' dials have correct subdial dimensions/spacing & are extremely difficult to (positively) ID as non-gen.

@wiesn089 - the current bezel I have is just an old Honpo bezel. The 7 is still incorrect. I think Phong's got the 7's right but has other flaws. I'm hoping DW will come up with a better one one day.

@Freddy333 - thanks, point taken. Your 6239 is a beauty.