When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Spinmaster's Daytona...

Valty

Hello RWG, this is my first topic here :thumbsupsmileyanim:

At first, many thanks for the RWG team, this forum is a real great place to talk about rep's and gen's ! I will probably upgrade my account one day :wub:

I have finally decided, after few weeks on this board, to buy a Spinmaster's Daytona to The Red Baron.

Few gen things : T21 Crystal, Crown, and Tube

Great seller ! I received the watch, and here are some HQ photos...

The light was very low, but I still have done my best :

DSC_1176.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1195.JPG

DSC_1198.JPG

DSC_1209.JPG

DSC_1213.JPG

DSC_1222.JPG

What is your preferred photo ? Hope you will like it ! :drinks:

Valty

EDIT: there is probably a double topic, sorry for it...

Edited by Valty

Hey Baron,

Thanks for you quick reply, happy to see that you appreciate the photos I took :D

That was a bit hard cause of the lack of light, and cause I have not a macro lens (poor Nikon 18-105mm inside)

So I had to correct, or just remove colors, on each :rolleyes:

I probably will take more photos another day, with natural light ^_^

Yeah, the Spinmaster's work is really awesome, even if I found some minor problems on the watch

If you have a good eye, you can see many things on the photos I posted

@The Red Baron : About the 2nd photo, I just taken more time on photoshop, and uploaded the new version yesterday... that's probably why it "flashed" you today : not the same :rolleyes:

I love photoshop so much :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The resolution is 1600, so you can use it like a wallpaper :drinks:

Great pics of a great watch Valty! I am glad you enjoy yours. Mine just arrived today!!

65782789.jpg

Same spec as yours, on stock DW bracelet (need to get a Yuki or gen) but with a swiss 7750 bonus!

Cosmograph sisters:

54188779.jpg

Great one Sql_pl ! The Newman version is also very attractive :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wish I had a Swiss 7750 inside, the A7750 doesn't keep time so good...

@siesta181: Probably because they are rare ? :whistling:

Sorry to rain on your parade.... But siesta can get them anytime he wants... it's just their sizes... :)

It just needs to be (properly) serviced. The A7750 is capable of matching the timing accuracy of its Swiss-made counterpart.

I concur...

It just needs to be (properly) serviced. The A7750 is capable of matching the timing accuracy of its Swiss-made counterpart.

Yes I know, but the watch takes about ~20 secs a day, when it's (practically) brand new from Spinmaster.

I probably need to send it to a watchmaker to correct that..!

Sorry to rain on your parade.... But siesta can get them anytime he wants... it's just their sizes... :)

It was obviously just a little "joke" :-) I'm a real beginner in the rep world (and here), and I do not pretend to know everything about the members :drinks:

I don't want to offend anyone :rolleyes:

Looks good, how accurate is this rep?

Mine takes about +20sec a day, not that good, but after few readings, it's not a problem, the movement can be regulated well !

No worries, Valty... I was also joking. :p

You've got a wonderful watch... wear her well... with regards to the timekeeping, my guess us that it might have gotten out during her transit to you... just need to regulate the movt & you're good to go! :)

You just confirm what I read the last days :-))

For sure, this rep is really good, and I will wear it as well as I can :-)

Why oh why is DW making those subdials so shiny on this color scheme dial... there is a nice v72 DW 6263 for sale but it comes with silver dial with black shiny subs.....

Is there a source for better dials to fit v72?

Gen? ;):whistling:

post-24760-0-68459900-1296229078.jpg

Just kidding, DW's dials are really good, all other aftermarket versions I know of are way worse.

You might try and replace the coronet, though his current versions look very good again. I guess he has his QC concerning some of his dials in order again.

The one that came on my black one was really ugly, I replaced mine with one from a gen Air King dial I bought specifically for this reason. I think the result is ok, definitely looks more accurate than it did before, unfortunately I can't find a picture with the old one installed.

post-24760-0-03573800-1298379909.jpg

Edit: Well, you can't really see the coronet in this picture, sorry. DW's dials are the best around in my opinion, especially the standard versions. Freddy posted a better PN version a few months ago, I'm not quite sure where he got it though.

I like it but I think the color was better in the previous pictures. How do you like this?

I have desaturate the background to highlight the watch, the color you see here is more accurate to the real world.

It favors the "vintage" of the watch imo.

But anyways, your result is good too, it's just another way to think the photo, not a bad way at all :)