When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What instrument can I use to press down the hands?

Prsist

I have a 21j movt that I thought was slow, so I adjusted the regulator. It isn't slow. Sometimes the minute and hour hands do not move after I set the time, though the seconds hand continues ticking away. Francisco mentioned trying to press down the minute hand. I don't have a hand removal tool, what can I use in its place?

A ball point pen refill works for me.

Yes, but we must remember that you "vintigize" by placing your watches in the driveway and running over them with a truck for a few days! :Jumpy:

I use a Horotec hand press and it works fine. It sets the hand level and you can control depth if you are careful. First time a hand held press slides off the hand and scoots across a dial, you will wish you had one.

It's handy. What more can I say? :animal_rooster:

You can use a hand held press to tilt the hand if needed after mounting and a 4mm+/- wide strip of paper bent in a 'U' shape to lift hands for clearance...being very careful not to crack the luminous material.

Well we have just purchased a large quantity of these-

post-13-0-73687800-1297637989.jpg

And Watch Bitz will have them available from next week.(In limited quantities)

As a Swiss tool (9 X interchangeable tips) this sells at round $70 -$80, however we will have it selling at under $16.00!

Thats for 9 various hand hole sizes including a blank for second hands.

I have been using one for some time now...its a nice bit of kit, and super value for the money.

Offshore