When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Gen For <£2k

baltic

Not quite as imaginative as the previous poster but you could pick up a Rolex Explorer 1, or a PAM 111 or 112 for that much...

I wish I could, PAM 111 is £2400 in my local AD! Rolex Exp 1 is at least £2.5k :blink: £2k would be my absolute max. No wonder we like reps...

I wish I could, PAM 111 is £2400 in my local AD! Rolex Exp 1 is at least £2.5k :blink: £2k would be my absolute max. No wonder we like reps...

Thats why I would recommend to go for the runner ups instead for the top brands:

- if you're lucky the runner ups will make it to the top and you'll

have both the brand esteem plus the product quality

- if they don't you could still own a product that gives you more

opportunities to talk about than most Rolexes do

- take the Meistersinger, really outstanding in terms of

design great quality, no reps around

- or the Sinn U1 or U2 since it is filled with liquid silicone

and it is made from actual U-Boat steel

it is vertually indestructable, you coud dive down to

the wreck of the Titanic and still be able to tell the time

if you weren't crushed to fishfood at that point...s

If I was willing to spent 800 to 1.200 EUR on a watch, I'd go

with those exceptual watches from small to mid sized

watch manufacturers who are putting a lot of love into their

product and offer exceptional quality at reasonable prices.

Since I'm not, I'm stuck with the better reps, which

are usually a lot less imaginative both as reps and as gens.

PS I absolutely love "Get Carter", the genuine of course

not the replica with S. Stallone...

My local ad sells explorer 1 for £2140, and V recently got a 112h for pretty much bang on £2000 from an ad in Notttingham. I'll take a wander down at lunchtime and check it out, they have quite a good range down there...

PS I absolutely love "Get Carter", the genuine of course

not the replica with S. Stallone...

@ Swatchman

Really interesting info that, thanks mate. Aye Get Carter is one of my favourite films, being filmed in my home town too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Don't mention the Sly version :yuk: How Caine agreed to star in that I don't know...

My local ad sells explorer 1 for £2140, and V recently got a 112h for pretty much bang on £2000 from an ad in Notttingham. I'll take a wander down at lunchtime and check it out, they have quite a good range down there...

That seems a canny price! :D

[edit] £2000 for a watch ye gods...I must be mad :blink: [/edit]

I'd go on the second hand market to get better prices, and get it in for a service - still work out cheaper than buying it brand new.

You could get a two-tone titanium/tantalium Omega SMP Chrono and still have money left for a service to make it look brand new :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or get the America's Cup version in titanium. Not too many titanium reps around either.

There's also a limited edition steel dial Omega Chrono which was only released in the US, it's very nice. A couple came up recently on timezone.

you can get a vintage no date sub in the price range if you can find one.

For that amount it would probably be the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece skeleton, at almost 44mm it has the size and the movement is a work of art.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i prefer also Maurice Lacroix Skeleton or Calendiar Reatrograde Models... you can find it in used but perfect conditions on ebay germany... Skeleton around 800GBP and Retrograde 1100GBP

ok it is a unitas 6497/98 movement in (BTW panerai takes also unitas), but skeleton watch it is hand engraved and retrograde have retrograde date and power reserve modul. It worth it.

but if you like a expensive watch purchase a used rolex sea-dweller (Model 2005 around 2.000GBP or Model 2006 around 2.200GBP)... used it 5 years and sell it again for 90-95% of your price :bleh:

Edited by tourbillon1801