When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Gen For <£2k

baltic

I'dd go for Vintage stuff. If you don't like rollies just have a look at vintage pepsi GMT master 1675 with jubilee bracelet. This is functional beauty at it's top. Example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-ROLEX-OYSTER-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a very distinguishable recognizable beauty... that will never bore, grow on you more and more and eventually will not depreciate but rather increase in value.

If I only had the money.... :D

Assuming you had up to £2k ($3.5k USD roughly) which genuine watch would you buy? :g:

The new IWC Pilot's Chronograph looks amazing, and might just fit within your budget if you can get a good discount. Also, it hasn't been repped yet :D

Edited by ratchpot

I'd get a Sinn U1 (about $1300) and an Omega SMP Chrono ($1600). You'd still have money left over to take your wife/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend out for a couple of nice meals :D

If you just want one watch that you can sell in 1,5, or 10 years if you get sick of it and get all your money back, get a Rolex Sub or SD (used)

For me, the first thing would be to narrow it down to type

Dive watch

Chronograph

Complication (not many genuine choices at your budget level)

Dress Watches

Dive watches

1. Doxa Sub 750T Dial choices are Orange,Black, Yellow and Silver All limited edition

2. Doxa Sub 750t Divingstar GMT (Brand new, just out)

3. Tudor vintage Submariner the blue dial,blue bezel 9410 (no date) 9411/0 (Date) are cooler than Rolex Subs, at a whole lot less (And they are appreciating at the same rate otr faster than vintage Rolex)

Chronographs

1.Doxa Sub600T T-Graph Orange or Black dial available

2. Tudor Prince Chronograph Either Tiger(If you are a Tiger Woods Fan, or pre Tiger) Look a whole lot like a Daytona, buit advantage of a date function

3. Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch vintage

Complication

My very favorite, and possibly could be gotten used in SS within your budget is the Maurice Lacroix Double Retrograde, a seriously beautiful watch.

I am not into dress watches,so I can't comment on that catagory

These are my favorite watches. All can be had, especially the Doxas and the Tudor Prince Chronograph used, but in excellent to mint condition at some savings over new.

• 2 months later...