When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

700 crown on White SD is this correct?

cib0rgman

I like the looks of the 702 crown best, but a 702 or 703 would be correct. My 1971 SD has a 702.

Soooooooo are you gonna sell off that nasty old 700 crown and tube now? :whistling:

Horrible, repulsive thing, it is...... :whistling:

.........and I have just the watch to mount it on!!

A white Sea-Dweller would be a 702 crown originally, no doubt. Early DRSD's would have a 700 crown originally. If it was serviced, it would probably have the 703 crown.

I did see a 1978 1680 Submariner this week that Bob Ridley put a 700 crown and tube on when servicing it. I don't know why he would do something like that- makes no sense to me- the crown predates the watch!

Freddy333 did a review of this. He showed how to replace the "guts" of a crown with the "guts" of another. This is the part where the stem screws in, and it slides in and out with a tiny spring inside.

Freddy333 did a review of this. He showed how to replace the "guts" of a crown with the "guts" of another. This is the part where the stem screws in, and it slides in and out with a tiny spring inside.

correct. I guess I need to ping Freddy; Seriously I have no use for the crown unless I build a DSRD. probably will let it go eventually

correct. I guess I need to ping Freddy; Seriously I have no use for the crown unless I build a DSRD. probably will let it go eventually

Think about keeping the 700 in case you want to build an early 5512/5513/1680. It's rare as hen's teeth.