When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538: Where can I find one?

panerai153

Well , after anticipating the delivery of the MBK 6538 from a fellow forum member, and even goingto the point of buying a Yuki 8mm crown/tube, the deal fell through. The watch has some problems that can't be solved quickly. the seller was very honest and upfront , refunded my money, before he told me what the problem was.. He is trying to get the watch fixed, but said that it could be a fairly long process, as it requires a replacement dial. He got one from the seller, but the dial wich looks identical to the origional is smaller! So long story short, I'm looking for a 6538.

I would appreciate any info as to where i might source one, either new or used. I was planning a movement swap as well as crown /tube, so the condition of the movement isn't really important. Any help greatly appreciated.

Well A, it reminds of the line from Casablanca, "Round up the usual suspects."

MBW, have you tried Narikaa? Now you mention a movement swap- are you going for a 2846-2? Because I wouldn't probably try a Rolex 1030 in an MBW case- remember all that stuff about the crown position being too low on the MBW case?

ugoderosa pointed out Josh (and Andrew also). Some people say the cartel models are as good as what Yuki offers thru their sister company

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/7617720/8453041.htm

Beyond that, you step up a notch to Yuki case, dial, etc, NDT or J&W, but that's when you're talking serious franken and mucho mas dinero.

Heck, maybe Narikaa could get you a 6538 with the 2846-2 in it already- we've seen that on some MBW's from time to time.

Thanks a lot folks for the info. This gives me several options. To answer alligoats question, I was planning to transplant either a 2846-2 or a 2873, whichever would be the easier fit. i have both of those in NOS donor watches.

Does anyone know if these are all coming from the same source? Obviouslty the Yuki version isn't in the same catigory as his other watches, cases. etc. I believe narikaa's are MBK, how about Perfect Clones?

Also would be interested as to how many genuine parts would fit, although this is a moot point, because 6538 parts are up in the stratosphere!! Probably about the cheapest part would be the 1030 movement.

The complete watch from Yuki looks like the same ones Josh has. His 6538 higher quality case set is $800 with the crown, but who knows what quality it actually is. I am probably going to order the 6538 from Josh and see if a gen plexi and good aftermarket dial will fit.