When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heart Rate Monitor Watch

redwatch

• 4 weeks later...

I've always wondered about those. Why is it that the big manufacturers of HRM watches don't do this more often? I have read that they are not nearly as reliable as the HRM's with the chest strap.

That Polar is quite pricey. Almost $300 :thumbdown:

If you're spending that much, buy a Garmin 310xt. Waterproof. GPS. ANT+ compatible will pick up a cycling computer or a powermeter. May not be things you want or need now, but if you're going 300 deep on a HRM, you'll quickly be disappointed if you don't have GPS.

E-Dub

If you're spending that much, buy a Garmin 310xt. Waterproof. GPS. ANT+ compatible will pick up a cycling computer or a powermeter. May not be things you want or need now, but if you're going 300 deep on a HRM, you'll quickly be disappointed if you don't have GPS.

E-Dub

Is there a huge difference between the 310xt and the 305xt? Amazon has the 305xt on sale from $299 down to $129 w/free shipping

it all depends of the use the will have for the HR, I use the garmin forerunner 301 but the 400 series is probably the best. looks much like a normal watch. is a multi-sport de device that can be use for biking, running, hiking, planing routes. etc

• 10 months later...

I picked this up on eBay for 15 bucks Poalr model A3( needed a battery) came with the chest strap and works well..Guess I could have wiped it off before I took the pic... ;)

polar.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a garmin 610 forsale if yall are interested. It's heart rate compatible for 250+shipping, heart reate monitor is 50. Best watch on market. I have worn for a week now and need something different. Bought it for backpacking because of gps but I need something different.

Is there a huge difference between the 310xt and the 305xt? Amazon has the 305xt on sale from $299 down to $129 w/free shipping

I have the 305 and love it. Don't use the heart rate monitor a lot, but the watch itself is great. It looks a little big on the wrist, but you really don't notice it. If you don't intend to go swimming with it, don't go to the 310.