When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Rolex case with ETA movement

Biker

Hello,

Does anyone can tell me if the ETA movement 2836-2 may fit in the gen rolex 1675 case? I'm not worry about the diameter as I can put the adaptor. But the thickness might be the one of major problem.

Thanks

Jay

hello biker should be ok with a adaptor have a look on yukiwatch adaptors to see info on rolex cases

2836-2 should be fine for a 1675 case.

Basic rule of thumb:

2836 or 2846 will swap into cases for 1570 w/ date.

2824 will swap into cases for 1520 or 1570 w/o date.

Getting an adaptor ring would help stabilize the movement in the case, which will help with installation as well as prevent shifting of the movement inside the case.

Best of luck.

//ubi

aeromatic :

Thanks, I did check with Yuki web page, but not know their adaptor only support 2824 or also support 2836-2...

ubiquitous :

Thanks, very clear and I have a clue now to go next step.

Actually I did put a 2846 in my gen 1680 case with a adaptor ring, AND I cut the aftermarket 1680 dial feet glue on the 2846 movement. But the date window just a little bit lopsided not even notice. If somebody interest...I can post the photo.

Thanks you guys

• Like 1

aeromatic :

Thanks, I did check with Yuki web page, but not know their adaptor only support 2824 or also support 2836-2...

ubiquitous :

Thanks, very clear and I have a clue now to go next step.

Actually I did put a 2846 in my gen 1680 case with a adaptor ring, AND I cut the aftermarket 1680 dial feet glue on the 2846 movement. But the date window just a little bit lopsided not even notice. If somebody interest...I can post the photo.

Thanks you guys

Adaptor is ok for both 2846 and 2836-2 but far more important is that yuki sells the adaptor with a dial made for an eta so no cutting of dial feet or glueing but email yuki about a queries with regards dial/movent holder!

Edited by aeromatic

Adaptor is ok for both 2846 and 2836-2 but far more important is that yuki sells the adaptor with a dial made for an eta so no cutting of dial feet or glueing but email yuki about a queries with regards dial/movent holder!

Thanks aero, but Yuki dial for ETA is bit unperfect..since the date window shape is 4:3, the gen one is 16:9. So the aftermarket dial would be more preferable. I said that because I was done the aftermarket dial cut feet and glue on the ETA 2836 for my 1680...

Yes, I'd just mail them...

Just got a message from Yukiwatch.

They said ETA 2836 movement neither fit their 1675 case nor their adaptor ring...bad news!

Petrified.. :wounded1:

What can I do now?

This adaptor ring to retro-fit an ETA 2824-2 / 2784 movement to fit into a genuine Rolex cases using cal.1570.

Thats right off the website. 2836 and 2824 are interchangable. They will both fit the adaptor ring.

The ETA Yuki dials are made to work with the stock ETA datehwheel so the datewindow position is further to the right than a real Rolex dial. Its in the same position as on a Tudor Submariner and also as stated above its the wrong shape also.

Dizz

Edited by Dizzy

somtimes I wonder if Yuki knows what he's talking about...or maybe he just has some low-income kid reading verbatim and answering emails :bangin:

This adaptor ring to retro-fit an ETA 2824-2 / 2784 movement to fit into a genuine Rolex cases using cal.1570.

Thats right off the website. 2836 and 2824 are interchangable. They will both fit the adaptor ring.

The ETA Yuki dials are made to work with the stock ETA datehwheel so the datewindow position is further to the right than a real Rolex dial. Its in the same position as on a Tudor Submariner and also as stated above its the wrong shape also.

Dizz

Edited by btocamelo

2824 and 2783 have a different stem height/position, so they are not interchangable (however, 2836, 2846, 2783, 2784 are all interchangable with one another as they all have the same stem height/position). Unless they have a different adaptor ring specific to the 2824 AND the 2836/2846/2783/2784, I don't see the 2824 retrofitting very well.

• Like 1

Yes that is correct... For interchangeable i ment the diameter is the same. Ubi is correct as the stem height is different.

@ Ubi - The 2836 should work though right???

dizz

I always feeling lucky to find this place. Can chat with a group of expert with same interest, may learn a lot......Now I have confidence to start the 1675 project, thanks!

I just got a source for spacer ring from a forum member, Case from DW and crystal hands from Clark..wow

Edited by Biker

• 3 years later...

Hey Biker , I know this thread is ancient but I'm about to take on this same task except I'm trying to fit a2824-2 to a 116660. I didn't see any follow up to how your experience went so I wanted to see if you could share some details to your project and some pics if you have them.

Thank you

Best regards

Unfortunately, even if he's still around, his pics won't help you. He was trying to put a modified GMT movement into a vintage Rolex case.

Your watch either came with a DG2813 (if it was around $150), or an A2836 or a Clone 3135 (if it was $300+). Assuming you bought the better one, as Ubi stated, the stem heights are different. You would likely need to go with a 2836 instead of a 2824 for it to fit correctly.

Edited by tomhorn

Hey Biker , I know this thread is ancient but I'm about to take on this same task except I'm trying to fit a2824-2 to a 116660. I didn't see any follow up to how your experience went so I wanted to see if you could share some details to your project and some pics if you have them.

Thank you

Best regards

You would have to use a dial spacer, and increase the cannon pinion heights on the movement so that the hands would clear the dial. Quite frankly, that would cost more than just using the correct movement to begin with and by using the 2836 you'd have a better setup because the dial feet would attach to the movement.