When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost my New 005K with Pics - UPDATE

Hey all

After a frantic search of the house and the office I've given up and admitted defeat - my new 005K is missing.

I have a habit of taking my watch off at work but nobody has seen it. It had a fairly unusual Mauser vintage strap, which to a non WIS would think is old and tatty but to me I'm more annoyed about losing the strap than the watch (strap is more or less the same place as the rep) Really cant think where it could have gone.

SNB15172edit1.jpg

I've ordered a replacement watch from Josh as I couldnt be without one but Its possible that it might surface on a trading site, and a quick google search and someone will think they are going to receive a tidy sum when they see the price of the gen.

Im in the UK, so if by chance anyone sees it with the strap please get intouch, its just not knowing where it is and who might have it that bugs me. I also wouldnt like to see it being passed off as the real deal on Ebay or Gumtree.

Thanks!

Thats a choker mate...!!

Hopefully it will turn up.....I see what you mean about the strap I would feel the same way !!!

I will keep a look out ;)

Uhh.. how is it possible to lose or forget that youre not wearing a 44mm PAM on a 5mm thick strap at work? At home I guess there may be instances where/how you can misplace it, but at work??? Are you the guy from the movie Memento? ;)

Well, I've happy news to share chaps! I found my 005 on the top of a set of drawers that was set back from under my desk, you couldnt beleive how happy I was to see it again :)

I took my 005 off as I was going to compare it to my 219 that had only arrived that day, didnt have time to do at home so I took both into work. Worked a long night shift and in a rush left the 005 behind (no idea how it was tucked away where it was)

Best of all as I was so unhappy over the entire weekend I treated myself to a new 005 and a further $400 of straps. I've since changed the 005 as theres no point in having two and what with the collectors being out of stock to a 253.

SNB15206.jpg

I've learnt my lesson not to take my watch off at work :)

I hate when that happens. You lose something, and are sure it is stolen, only to find it later. Of course finding it provides much relief, but the anxiety of losing a cherished new possesion, can

twist your day inside out. Glad it was a happy ending. Leave your watch on in public places, particularily when it seems to be a $5000,00 timepiece.:whistling: