When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 72 6263 Daytona in!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

This is what I picked up from my post office today!

46498429.jpg

It's always exciting to get something new in the mail! Christmas in March!

76268170.jpg

What could be inside?

10445833.jpg

Another vintage chrono!!

47080795.jpg

Woohoo!

12023715.jpg

55638784.jpg

V72 inside. Gen T21, gen crown and tube and genuine 78350 bracelet!

Love it! Will post more pics later, you can be sure about that! :drinks:

Have a nice day guys!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

Thank you! Now I need to find gen dial and hands (for amount of money that would allow me to eat and not only stare at the nice watch being hungry) and will be all set. May also add gen bezel later on but these are really hard to find in non-damaged condition.

I was thinking about this dial from Yuki for the time being but I am not sure about it, what do you guys think? Worth changing?

_DSC0577.jpg

_DSC0574.jpg

I like these taller gen looking hour markers and matte subdials but rolex logo looks off.

I think the DW dial that you have is the best option other than gen.

+1

Gen is the only upgrade from DW's dials at the moment.

Edit: Try vintage watch fairs, I was at one yesterday and was amazed what was for sale.

I saw a numerous vintage Daytona dials, but didn't ask for prices. The dials I was looking for (5513s and 1680s) were priced pretty competitively however.

I also almost bought a 6265 bezel with a price too good to be true until the seller eventually noted that it was aftermarket (I didn't think stuff like that was allowed there - lucky me he was fair enough to tell me). So there too, you will have to be careful and know your stuff but there are also plenty of good parts around.

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks guys. I was checking out tons of gen 6263 pics on the net and something didn't look exactly right, now I realised this DW dial is actually a rep of a so called "Big eye" dial where subdials are a bit bigger in diameter, comparison pic below:

bigeye.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

I know. The thing is some dials have larger diameter subdials and some have smaller. It is visible clearly when you look at the distance between a 3 o'clock subdial edge and lumi dot at 3. Movement is the same so hands are located in same spots yet still there is a difference there.

IMHO, if someone cares. :whistling:

On the left dial :

- Crown is worse looking

- The "ROLEX" inscriptions are too low

- The "T SWISS T" is too high

- The pearls placement is very good. Good vintage "yellow"

- The subdials streaks are a way too visible. Cause of the flash ?

- Result, the white marks on the subdials are not so clear as the gen is.

On the right dial :

- Crown seems good

- "ROLEX" inscriptions are a little too low. Maybe the "Chronograph" inscription is a little low too.

- "SWISS" ? Never see a 6239 without the "T SWISS T"

- The pearls are... white. Need a little of vintage.

- The subdials streaks are a way too visible too. Flash ?

- The white marks on the subdials are clear, good.

- I don't know if it's me, but the subdials seems to not have a "perfect circle".

To me, the right dial is better, even if it's not a 6263. But I honestly prefer your current DW dial. Much better.

Have you considered this ? : http://ndtradingcorp.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=370

I honestly think a gen dial will be the better way in your case :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I ask myself a question: Is there any relief in the subdials because of the streaks, on this rep dials ? Gen seems to not have any relief at all...

Anyways, this watch is a holy grail to me ! :) congrats !

My 2 cents (of Euros)

Pretty amazing dial... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Check out ubiquitous's 6265, which also has a Big Red service dial in brand-new condition. I'm not sure how much he paid for it, though. With his luck, he probably found one in the forest...

(Where HAS ubi gone? I hope he's not totally swamped with work.)

Guest Sql_pl

Just called my somewhat local Rolex Service Center. Thought I could try to get the dial from them for less and suprisingly he said 6263 dials are no longer supplied by Rolex. No chance to get it from official Rolex Service.