When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD

BGGodwin

Fellas and ladies, I thought my desire for a Rolex would end with a Sub so I got one. Now, I find myself wanting a DSSD. For those of you out there who have one:

-Where did you buy it? Good product?

-Swiss ETA or Asian clone movement?

I'm thinking I want it, I've sent a couple e-mails to sellers... I may be pulling the trigger soon.

If someone has one they may be looking to unload, let me know!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellas and ladies, I thought my desire for a Rolex would end with a Sub so I got one. Now, I find myself wanting a DSSD. For those of you out there who have one:

-Where did you buy it? Good product?

-Swiss ETA or Asian clone movement?

I'm thinking I want it, I've sent a couple e-mails to sellers... I may be pulling the trigger soon.

If someone has one they may be looking to unload, let me know!

Check the sales forum. They come up for sale all the time.

The three high quality DSSD versions available right now are ALL good products with minor variations between them ... it's strictly a personal judgment call when you pick one of them.

Noobfactory Ultimate

ETz 2010v5

MBK v6

Just choose the one you like best. They are all good.

As for movement options .. get a clone ETA.

I bought a DSSD with an Asian movement from WBK. Good call on getting one! The watch itself is smoking hot compared to the sub. Definitely substantial but can be worn nicely on even a smaller wrist.

WBK is an excellent seller, but the one I got has some Quality Control issues. The face has dust under the crystal, visible smudges on the inner bezel, and a slightly uneven HE valve. WBK is working with me on it, but if you don't want to deal with possibly bad QC go to a seller who pre-mods them like BK.

Edited by nospamno

When JKAY says ETZ-DSSD-V52010.. I think he means TREVOR-DSSD-V52010

Etz = Eurotimez, who is no longer a dealer here. So it could just add to the confusion by calling the new V5 an ETz version

Since trevor is one of only 2 or 3 dealers that sell this version.. referring to his version as the Trevor V5 2010 Dssd is a little bit clearer. :)

IN my opinion, the best version is Trevors. It looks the best and has the best endlinks (usually no gaps).

http://www.trevor-watch.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=129 Despite his description, his version is not the so-called "ultimate" that other dealers are seling.

For $225 you can't get a better DSSD at the moment... at least until the mythical V6 is in stock

Etz = Eurotimez, who is no longer a dealer here. So it could just add to the confusion by calling the new V5 an ETz version

Since trevor is one of only 2 or 3 dealers that sell this version.. referring to his version as the Trevor V5 2010 Dssd is a little bit clearer. :)

IN my opinion, the best version is Trevors. It looks the best and has the best endlinks (usually no gaps).

http://www.trevor-watch.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=129 Despite his description, his version is not the so-called "ultimate" that other dealers are seling.

For $225 you can't get a better DSSD at the moment... at least until the mythical V6 is in stock

What's the difference between the $225 and the $338 versions?

I'm looking at Timesshop... good price for the DSSD.

Uh ... "BK" is a respected modder on this forum and others. What he does is buy replica watches and then modifies them, and re-sells them in their improved condition.

Think of it like an AMG Mercedes or a Callaway Corvette ... you are paying for the base watch and for BK's labor, parts and expertise. That is why it costs. You are buying a modded watch "as new".

I should really write a STICKY FAQ about this one day. Here goes:

NoobFactory = Cartel = BK's base watch (UNMODDED) = TimesShop ... these are all the same watch. It's called the v5 Ultimate but that's a poor decision on Josh and Andrew's part. There was already a factory making a DSSD called the V5 .. so way to go, guys .. super confusing. People who know, just call it the Noobfactory DSSD.

TrevorTime sells the real v5 model. It is unique.

The MBK v6 is also unique and it's still rare.

mm I spoke with Rolexfinder at length about this several months ago. Maybe a year ago. He suggested we leave the name the same, out of respect for Chris, for getting this watch made. He said we all fail sometimes, and we all go there but for the grace of God.

I tend to agree.

Uh ... "BK" is a respected modder on this forum and others. What he does is buy replica watches and then modifies them, and re-sells them in their improved condition.

Think of it like an AMG Mercedes or a Callaway Corvette ... you are paying for the base watch and for BK's labor, parts and expertise. That is why it costs. You are buying a modded watch "as new".

I should really write a STICKY FAQ about this one day. Here goes:

NoobFactory = Cartel = BK's base watch (UNMODDED) = TimesShop ... these are all the same watch. It's called the v5 Ultimate but that's a poor decision on Josh and Andrew's part. There was already a factory making a DSSD called the V5 .. so way to go, guys .. super confusing. People who know, just call it the Noobfactory DSSD.

TrevorTime sells the real v5 model. It is unique.

The MBK v6 is also unique and it's still rare.

Thank you for the clarification. After going and looking at BK's thread for his DSSD, I could tell the money wasn't just for the standard DSSD.

What makes Trevor's DSSD "the real v5 model"?

What makes Trevor's DSSD "the real v5 model"?

Chris at EuroTimez championed the creation and evolution of this DSSD model. He named it the V5, when the Noobfactory DSSD was still called the v3. When EuroTimez went out of business suddenly, the Cartel twins changed the name of the Noobfactory v3 to the v5 ..

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guys this one is coming in real soon :) so dont buy another version!

Its the dssd v7 acording to my friend plaifender.

b21c7c7c-b336-10f8.jpg

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

Guys this one is coming in real soon :) so dont buy another version!

Its the dssd v7 acording to my friend plaifender.

oh my god, so beautiful! :bangin:

seriously tho, that looks like a gen DSSD. Is it a v6 or a Gen?

Also, you are the second person who says they got a DSSD a21j from Lay for $88 but I swear I can not find one on his site for that amount of money. So how do you get this deal? Lastly, the NoobFactory does not offer a21j in their DSSD. It's not a Noob.

Okay, between the mixture of me being a noob here, not knowing many people on the forum, and the inability to sense sarcastic tones through posts, is this thing really coming out? It's ridiculous!!!! :mellow:

If it's not really coming out, where did that picture come from!? Someone has some photoshop skills!

Okay, between the mixture of me being a noob here, not knowing many people on the forum, and the inability to sense sarcastic tones through posts, is this thing really coming out? It's ridiculous!!!! :mellow:

If it's not really coming out, where did that picture come from!? Someone has some photoshop skills!

That is a photoshopped image. I was serious about the bezel, insert and dial tho. If that's not Gen, it's damn good.

Jkay it's under the Rolex A2813 collection!!

If you notice any Noob differences I'll be happy to know!! :victory:

Thank you for telling me where to his site to find the watch, and yes, I will be happy to let you know the differences.

This watch is an MBK v6 DSSD. It has a better dial than the NoobFactory, the titanium case back is much different, but you can not see this without taking the watch apart. Lastly, the pearl is so sexy.

If you have any questions, pls let me know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you for telling me where to his site to find the watch, and yes, I will be happy to let you know the differences.

This watch is an MBK v6 DSSD. It has a better dial than the NoobFactory, the titanium case back is much different, but you can not see this without taking the watch apart. Lastly, the pearl is so sexy.

If you have any questions, pls let me know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Okay..even better than a Noob! Not bad for that price! What do you think; in the ad they say the crystal is mineral iso sapphire, Is this a typo?