When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime & the new PAM359

deja

How does it look compared to your Gen C?

well i have the 312, so just a different dial and a brushed case. everything looks pretty good, but if you want me to get picky ... here's what i see. first off, i agree with chad. the "luminor marina panerai" font is too bold. the date window sits too far left, but i think the date font and color is good. the crown doesn't sit as close to the case. regarding the lever ... it doesn't sit as close to the case and the shape is too sharp. it also doesn't sit flush with the crown guard (like the latest chrono versions). the "reg. t.m." font on the crown guard is wrong. onto the back, they did a good job on the caseback and engraving. you obviously can't rep their in house movement, but they did a nice job with the rotor and it masks most of the movement. the movement should not be decorated though ... it should have just a plain brushed look. again, everything i mentioned above is very picky. and if the 312 looks as good as this upon release, i will pick one up for comparison. please feel free to add to my pickyness, agree or disagree. all the best.

p.s. anything i didn't comment on is because i think it is 1 to 1 or very close. see stock gen pic below for reference ...

watch.jpg

As much as I enjoy a pick :) I sent my list direct to Angus in the hope changes might still be made..

I dont like the idea of giving this project a negative vibe given the way in which it came about...this wasnt your typical new rep watch process....Angus got involved on behalf of the members on RG and took the project on..

He has driven this himself.. and I think as much as I like to pull apart reps the other aspect of this process is also what we should comment on....though I guess a few of you guys reading this dont realise this aspect...

A dealer has through discussion and advice from members on a forum helped get a model produced that a lot of guys wanted....

I hope I havent come across as putting down the guys here who are expressing the flaws they see, I certainly dont want to do that,... I mean I had a 15 point list not including the movement so I know as well as most this watch is not 100% but it is damn good and will be better when its finished...or as good as it can be given the limitations of the design process in GZ from this particular maker...

I just wanted to highlight that here we have a dealer thats taking on projects on our behalf....if you think where we all were last year with the quality of PAMs and where we are now...this project is a further step forward in the bettering of PAM reps for us PAM heads :)

I hope its a sign of things to come ;)

From my conversations with Angus I have certainly learnt a lot about how the whole manufacturing process works in GZ etc and its limitations and drivers...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I hope this post has come across right...apologies if it hasnt it wasnt meant too :)

I hope this post has come across right...apologies if it hasnt it wasnt meant too :)

[censored] you pete!

just kidding buddy. to be honest, i didn't realize this was a project being taken on by one dealer. i figured it was just the same process as any others in the past. either way, i don't see the negative in pointing out flaws ... it's nothing personal. and like i said, these are very picky flaws that 99% of people wouldn't even notice. but you're right ... pams have come a long way in the past year and it's great to see. hats off to angus for taking this on! oh and one last thing ...

[censored] you pete!

I take it the censored bit means.... LOVE ;).....Of course you do mate :) I mean what else could it possibly stand for ?? :whistling:

Yes mate we are getting spolit...if you know what I mean ;)

I didnt mean we shouldnt point out the flaws...I mean thats part of why we are here... and when guys have a valid point to make I am the first to welcome it :)....

Its just sometimes when those points are made you get guys coming out of left field making posts based on the vibe rather than their knowledge...if you know what I mean and I just dont want us to lose sight of the bigger picture in this particular case...

Of course we should say what we think of it...just sometimes, and this aint aimed at you mate at all or anyone here, people post flaws like its a competition rather than a constructive input....again i hope that makes sense too :)

PS : Love you too :p

That is so awesome!!! The whole process.

Even if it is not 100% accurate like all the reps aren't anyway it will still be great. I was just thinking about it this morning, how picky can you be? I have been wearing Eddie Lee 111 since March 2005, that's 6 years already. It is not perfect although I upgraded it with new crown guard and crown. All I want to say that after all those years it does not bother me it has small flaws or completely incorrect looking movement. In the end it looks awesome, works great, keeps great time (serviced) and make me happy.

I'll be getting that 359 even with small flaws, but I hope the lever that sticks out way too much will get fixed. Once it does then I'm sold.

As much as I enjoy a pick :) I sent my list direct to Angus in the hope changes might still be made..

I dont like the idea of giving this project a negative vibe given the way in which it came about...this wasnt your typical new rep watch process....Angus got involved on behalf of the members on RG and took the project on..

He has driven this himself.. and I think as much as I like to pull apart reps the other aspect of this process is also what we should comment on....though I guess a few of you guys reading this dont realise this aspect...

A dealer has through discussion and advice from members on a forum helped get a model produced that a lot of guys wanted....

I hope I havent come across as putting down the guys here who are expressing the flaws they see, I certainly dont want to do that,... I mean I had a 15 point list not including the movement so I know as well as most this watch is not 100% but it is damn good and will be better when its finished...or as good as it can be given the limitations of the design process in GZ from this particular maker...

I just wanted to highlight that here we have a dealer thats taking on projects on our behalf....if you think where we all were last year with the quality of PAMs and where we are now...this project is a further step forward in the bettering of PAM reps for us PAM heads :)

I hope its a sign of things to come ;)

From my conversations with Angus I have certainly learnt a lot about how the whole manufacturing process works in GZ etc and its limitations and drivers...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by lfovco

i dont care about the watch, just the cg, a real 127 cg has little squares for the dots on the crown guard, on the reps it has round dots

Looking a wheaton ^ sig above they'd be looking like dots to me, so then they'd be looking like dots to 99.9% of everyone else

• 2 weeks later...

well i have the 312, so just a different dial and a brushed case. everything looks pretty good, but if you want me to get picky ... here's what i see. first off, i agree with chad. the "luminor marina panerai" font is too bold. the date window sits too far left, but i think the date font and color is good. the crown doesn't sit as close to the case. regarding the lever ... it doesn't sit as close to the case and the shape is too sharp. it also doesn't sit flush with the crown guard (like the latest chrono versions). the "reg. t.m." font on the crown guard is wrong. onto the back, they did a good job on the caseback and engraving. you obviously can't rep their in house movement, but they did a nice job with the rotor and it masks most of the movement. the movement should not be decorated though ... it should have just a plain brushed look. again, everything i mentioned above is very picky. and if the 312 looks as good as this upon release, i will pick one up for comparison. please feel free to add to my pickyness, agree or disagree. all the best.

p.s. anything i didn't comment on is because i think it is 1 to 1 or very close. see stock gen pic below for reference ...

Fantastic comparison. I also have a Gen 312, but would never have the "eye" to pick out what you did. I'm gonna get this rep as well.:D

• 1 month later...

Apparently the whole series 312/320/328/329 is finally released. Who has taken the plunge on the 329? The one all the rest were modeled from. Thinking of taking the plunge on a GMT model, but wondering if the datewheel is super sunken. Thoughts would be appreciated!