When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sending Cash As Payment

watchman12345

Are you unable to pay through other mediums or was that his request? Either way PT is a trusted and reliable dealer (although I've never purchased from him) so you should be fine. One word of advice is just to make sure from some one here that you have the right contact details for him, would hate for some one to be impersonating him...

WOw!! :unsure: First thing in my mind is that member who gave DW email addy with just one different character. Just make sure that you are dealing with the right person. Good luck. First time I have heard of this kind of dealing with our trusted dealers. The other thing is probably because you only have 2 posts.

WOw!! :unsure: First thing in my mind is that member who gave DW email addy with just one different character. Just make sure that you are dealing with the right person. Good luck. First time I have heard of this kind of dealing with our trusted dealers. The other thing is probably because you only have 2 posts.

that's exactly what was going through my mind, except I hadn't noticed he only had 2 posts...

:huh:

PT asked me to send cash via registerd post aswell which i didnt do ..sorry if my verified paypal isnt good enough theres plenty of other people who will take it.

Its a new user type thing he doesnt trust me but why the hell should i trust him ..no thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. I have been lurking for the last month or so building up the courage to buy my first rep. The dealer is Precious Time. I have decided not to send cash in the mail so I communicated this to PT and am awaiting a reply. I will prob buy from Josh now as he seems to have a great reputation. I would love to buy from PT as he is UK based but if he cannot trust me enough to use paypal I understand. Just to clear up earlier posts I would be happy to use paypal but he doesnt seem to want to use it. Pity. I plan on buying a nice few reps! Seem to be amazing quality! The email address is "watchcentre@*****.com" so it appears gen.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edited by Admin

PT asked me to send cash via registerd post aswell which i didnt do ..sorry if my verified paypal isnt good enough theres plenty of other people who will take it.

Its a new user type thing he doesnt trust me but why the hell should i trust him ..no thanks.

Paypal screwed him due to one user being an ass. I can understand why he doesn't want to use them. Don't know if this is just for 'noobs' or for everyone but I paid him by direct bank transfer, no way would I send cash because although I trust PT, I don't trust the mail service.

The choice is of course down to the person buying, as you say there's plenty of other people taking paypal, although not so many in the EU.

Paypal screwed him due to one user being an ass. I can understand why he doesn't want to use them. Don't know if this is just for 'noobs' or for everyone but I paid him by direct bank transfer, no way would I send cash because although I trust PT, I don't trust the mail service.

The choice is of course down to the person buying, as you say there's plenty of other people taking paypal, although not so many in the EU.

I agree with you on that one. I would never sendcash to anyone, but that's because I don't trust the mail service.

Yep PT has great timepieces... I have his GMT master and it gets most wristtime. His shipping is lightning fast... almost next day delivered in my case.

He did get screwed over with Paypal... I understand him. You can thrust PT but indeed make sure you are communicating with him... So did you send him a email message via his website or via his dealer info here on the board no worries... If not...then be careful. Sending cash with registered mail in a carbon envelop is fine.... but Paypal is better because you have proof at least and then risks with shipping are more a dealer issue (and I have experience with confiscated watches! and cash payments).

I'm with da boss on this one. Regardless of how trustworthy the dealer is, cash through the post is a no-no as it is FAR FAR too easy for an empty envelope or no envelope at all to arrive, and every major postal service flatly refuses to pay compensation for cash lost when sent through the post.

If PayPal is not an option then I'd be sending a personal cheque within the UK or bank transfer overseas.