When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Downtime: RWG Attacked

Admin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Admin,

Is your datacenter offering a hardware DDoS protection ? Will be very useful in your case, even if it's expensive...

In France, OVH does this. And it works very well !

Anyways, good luck, DoS is a plague...

Valty

Hey T,

something is not working properly, I have to log in every 5 minutes new!

thats the error message "[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system." when i go one site back!

can you check this?

thx

Hi Admin,

Is your datacenter offering a hardware DDoS protection ? Will be very useful in your case, even if it's expensive...

In France, OVH does this. And it works very well !

Anyways, good luck, DoS is a plague...

Valty

No, they do not offer anything like this, but I am of course working with our datacenter to handle this. In this case, the systems I had in place, managed to hold things of for a while, until the traffic spiked like crazy. For a while, all traffic into "our" system was nullrouted, so that I could set up proper protection in the background, before trying to put things back online. Now things are set up so that the current incoming traffic(Yes, we are still receiving a lot of traffic) is filtered on several levels. We have set up 1 server whos only mission right now is to analyze the incoming traffic and connections per IP and either let it through/block or nullroute the traffic, depending on our filter settings. This comes on top of other tools I am using.

Hey T,

something is not working properly, I have to log in every 5 minutes new!

thats the error message "[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system." when i go one site back!

can you check this?

thx

Everything is not stable yet and as I posted above, some service won't work properly. You'll just have to be patient and things will start working again ;)

T,

all i can say is :clapping: . To be able to handle a DDoS like this in such a short period of time is a testament of your IT skills. Specially with the other sites under attack are still trying to figure out how to handle it.

:tu:

Guest keeper

Good work Admin, your efforts are much appreciated. I see a lot of this problem with regard to other fora I'm a member of, these are usually sports streaming sites,so we know who the culprits are. :D

This is very suspicious. All 3 boards and PureTime attacked at once. Honestly,without being too paranoid, who other than the gen makers

would have such a grudge against the rep community?

A misguided and over-enthusiastic script kiddie on any Gen watch forum who is eager to punish "the bad guys"

Well, I have basically given up to get anything useful out of over 500mb of log files. IP's are from all over the world so either somebody has hacked a lot of computers, this is somebody who either is part of a bot net or have hired capacity from one of the bot-nets around (Google it, if you don't know what a bot net is).

We can speculate all we want about who and why, but I am almost 100% confident that no serious business, like the gen brands, will ever go to this step to shut anything down. Even if they did, the watch forums would be the last places. I can imagine there are hundreds, if not thousand of websites that would be taken down before they would take down "small" operations like us. Besides, it is 100% legal to discuss replica watches and that's what we do here. If they were to do something, they would use the proper legal channels and they would with 100% certainty go after the places where hundreds of thousand watches are being sold.