When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big crown Submariner - Part 1

Dizzy

Geez. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences. How is the update of the watch? I would just buy one of Ofrei's t-19 for %8.95. The KS ones are clearer and have a slight dome, much like the service units.

I did a comparison in the homage forum for the 6538 project.

E

Jojo,

What would be correct? The crystal that came on the watch looks like a T-39 superdome, it measures 30.61 OD. Would the only real choice be to grind down the one that came with the watch to achieve a lower profile?

A T19 service or low dome would work.

And what happened to Dizzy? He hasn't been around lately, wondered what was the final verdict for this watch?

• 2 weeks later...

Im here, been busy all summer and not online much. Im actually wearing the watch right now!! Its one of my favorites. The T-21 crystal is still in it. The yuki bracelet springs were driving me nuts so i converted it to a non-sping conventional setup (way too much work, dont try it). I replaced the crap asian movement with an eta 2836 from my MBW16610. I absolutely love the feel of this thing.

Heres an old pic after i got it pretty much finished.

post-6336-0-66903200-1316432139.jpg

I originally had a t-19 on it but i didnt like the sharp edge all the way around it. It just didnt look right with my coin edge bezel. If/when i change it, i'll probably used a t-19 but I'll have to round off that edge first or use a t-19 superdome and shorten it.

Welcome back Diz, the watch looks great!

I'm still not a fan of the crystals profile. Personally I like the service T19's edges, but you could very easily knock off that edge a little to your liking.

As for the Clark round edge T19, the one I had was taller than the service version.

I'm telling you, Ofrei has the 25-19 crystals

Here is an edit from a HF comparison I did. The KS 25-19 has the better service crystal profile

From left to right:

25-127 Gen - Ofrei service 25-19 - SK 25-19 and last Clark's 25-39

Sorry for the wait. Still waiting on Clark's 25-19 to compare. None of these are super dome.

DSC_0649.jpg