When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DRSD with silver date

Jimster

To add to Nanuq's response, the initial releases were fitted with (brushed) silver datewheels.

Sorry freddy, I beg to differ on this one. Original silver datewheels where of the flatter "matte" variety. Service replacements were the brushed ones. The dial and silver datewheel on Nanuq's brown MkII are original and correct.

Sorry freddy, I beg to differ on this one. Original silver datewheels where of the flatter "matte" variety. Service replacements were the brushed ones. The dial and silver datewheel on Nanuq's brown MkII are original and correct.

You may be right, but this looks brushed to me (& I have pics of other early single & DRSDs with similarly brushed-looking datewheels)

drsdmark6addict1.jpg

After going through a portion of my picture archives & comparing what I am seeing to my own DRSD (which has a brushed silver datewheel), I have come to the conclusion that all of the silver datewheels are brushed, but they rarely appear that way in pics of assembled watches, even macro pics. It is very difficult to get a clear image of the brushing on these datewheels in macro pics. I know, because I have tried many times. Even though my datewheel is unmistakably brushed (when seen with its dial removed), it appears matte (as do most of the other DRSDs I see) when photographed in an assembled watch

1575datewheel0022__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

BTW, while I have you guys -- I need two springs for my 6636. Have you ever made any?

Never made any... how about cannabilizing a 7206 from Yuki to get some springs?

I've got one here I'll send you if you want to pursue that.

:drool:

That's a beauty, Nanuq, amazing!

Freddy your's stunning, too!

Thanks, but not to me... thanks to my best friend Larry. He bought it new, and took it to the bottom of every sea in the world. He helped build worked and lived at SeaLab with it, and it's been below 2,000' many times in chambers ... and once in a sub off the California coast. It's been to the bottom of the arctic ocean, beneath the ice. It's got stories to make your blood boil, and now it lives a life of retired ease.

Rest in peace, Larry.

edit: I just checked my dates. Larry was there, but didn't build the thing. Sorry!

Never made any... how about cannabilizing a 7206 from Yuki to get some springs?

I've got one here I'll send you if you want to pursue that.

How about taking a Yuki 7206 and taking the springs out completely! Anyone tried that? I dont like the arm hair catcher links.

@nanuq - you have a broken Yuki you want to sell? I want to try a spring removal conversion on one....

BTW, while I have you guys -- I need two springs for my 6636. Have you ever made any?

I've got a bunch of links (well, four, I think) that were removed from a couple of Yuki 7206s, and they all have their springs inside. I can send a couple off to you.

(But first, let me sacrifice an animal to appease the postal gods and ensure safe delivery...)

Dizzy: I don't know if these pictures will help, but here are closeup shots of the insides of a Yuki 7206 link and a genuine 7205 link:

1239342758_Qna4U-X3.jpg1239342752_kGWdM-X3.jpg

Maybe I've got the wrong process in mind, but taking the springs out of an expander bracelet sounds like a Sisyphean ordeal that could leave you with a twisted mess of metal.