When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My last (ever) watch purchase

Blobzor

Just to need to vent this off, and i'll be out.

Bought a Chopard from Nikk6, about 15 december, good price good communication, no worries

Received it about a week later, perfect. Except it was DOA

Contacted nikki, a real gentleman, i asked for a refund, we finally settled to repair it a Domi.

I shipped it to him about 22 of december (my mistake, i didn't use a trackable number) with a letter to explain the situation, nikki contacted him as well

Today, April 7th.

No news

I got no " i never got your watch" or "i got it, i'll take care of it in 3 months", i got <nothing> from domi, despite a mail sent to him, and a call to several people around here who can speak german and/or know him personally.

I accept the fact it might have been lost by postal office, even tho i never lost any, in the 30+ sales/purchase i did here and on rg.

But, i really can't stand the fact i have no answers.

At all.

anyway, i'm [censored] up, lost a watch, time, faith and a bit more money

Cya!

(doesn't feel better actually)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that mate! Must be some kind of reasonable explanation for the lack of communication though. Personally I would never ever send a watch unregistered unless it is a broken one for parts to someone for free.. No matter what.. Anyways, I hope your watch will surface and there will be a happy ending to this story!

That's tough! I got a watch before that came DOA and I was so [censored], I vowed never to buy another watch that I wasn't holding in my hand... eventually, it subsided and here I am with new watches! It sucks now and probably will for as long as you can remember but it'll get better.

Just to need to vent this off, and i'll be out.

Bought a Chopard from Nikk6, about 15 december, good price good communication, no worries

Received it about a week later, perfect. Except it was DOA

Contacted nikki, a real gentleman, i asked for a refund, we finally settled to repair it a Domi.

I shipped it to him about 22 of december (my mistake, i didn't use a trackable number) with a letter to explain the situation, nikki contacted him as well

Today, April 7th.

No news

I got no " i never got your watch" or "i got it, i'll take care of it in 3 months", i got <nothing> from domi, despite a mail sent to him, and a call to several people around here who can speak german and/or know him personally.

I accept the fact it might have been lost by postal office, even tho i never lost any, in the 30+ sales/purchase i did here and on rg.

But, i really can't stand the fact i have no answers.

At all.

anyway, i'm [censored] up, lost a watch, time, faith and a bit more money

Cya!

(doesn't feel better actually)

So sorry to hear you lost a good amoun of money and time and in your transaction. Don`t loose your enthusiams for watches though. Maybe have a look at local service centers and figure out what you can get fixed localy. I have a Seiko-Citizen repair center close by and lately im liking some o their models a lot. Take care man

[censored] happens all the time but do not forget all the good times spent on rwg and learning stuff about watches that nobody can take from you.

It's a stupid thing to have a bad transaction and loose a watch - it hurts in a way but there are surely worst things in life. Unfortunatelly you've sent the watch unregistered, so there is no way to follow its path. If Domi got it, you'll have the watch again.

As it was sent unregistered, there is a possibility that it got lost on the way. In this case you just have to get over it. Some might loose a watch because of the customs service, some because of shipping. It's a bad thing but the best you can do is learn from it: do not ship unregistered (and do not risk shipping to countries with strict customs service).

I think Domi is a bit over-worked atm... hasn't responded to two of my emails as well. He now has a waiting list of about 2 months if I'm not mistaken, so maybe you should think twice before you send something to him at the moment... I seriously hope that he'll manage. I guess he just doesn't like to say "no" and has problems to handle all the broken watches we send to him... :black_eye:

Possible your package was lost. I sent something back in the summer of last year and the recipient still hasn't received it. It went to Germany for repairs. I figure it got lost in the mail. I gave up on that watch and just moved on.

I suggest you do the same too. No use giving up a hobby just because of lack of information.

Hey blobe,

Tracking numbers man,i sold my RWG watch and didnt get a tracking # that time,buyer said it didnt arrive. I refunded him and all is lost.

Make mistakes,pay the price. Only time i ever had an issue was the time i didnt get a tracking # (it was going to Australia,big $ from Canada,but ended up more costly in the end).... :bangin:

DOA,lost in the mail,all part of this game if buying resale,another thing i rarely would do,but did with Sixx,all good.

By now you must have found the right gen for you anyway,go get it,thats what i did.

Its happened to us all mate...and if it aint ...one day one way it will !!

I lost one going to another well known watch meister...

I understand though what you are saying about communication...its always harder to accept when you dont hear anything...

I cant say why you havent received a response from Domi.... but he is normally very good at replying... so possibly your messages went to spam... possibly it just slipped under the radar... given the number of emails Domi gets.. and believe me guys we are talking significant.. some can get missed or misunderstood....

Domi would never ignore anybody intentionally regardless of the problem.... and he would never walk away from a problem..

I can honestly say that ......because before I got to know him.... I had a similar problem though the value was much much higher... and Domi still looked after me...

So I am sure even though this issue as you have said has nothing to do with Domi..... he will still try and help however he can....

a lot of censored words above. are people swearing a lot? or is the censor sensitive?

is there a list of words not to use like:

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

[censored]

thanks, it will help me to read the posts!

Ya I got a jacket from bergie that I sent back without a tracking number that they apparently never received after 4 months, I guess the moral is its definitely necessary to pay more to make sure it gets shipped unless you dont really care. Though I know it can be a [censored] off having to send a faulty product back and you dont want to spend even more money after spending so much initially, but nothing else you can do, just write a review and dont buy from them again.

Edited by turnipz

I had the same situation twice! The first time I thought it was a fluke but not after the second time. Its always around not having tracking. The receiver can always say I did not get it and ask for a refund. Spend the extra bucks and save yourself a whole lot of trouble. It also keeps both parties honest.

Sorry to hear it. It sounds like you and Mikki6 came to a mutual agreement and the problem is no response from Domi. Let's just hope Domi is not going the way of many other watchsmiths getting in over their head and being woefully behind. Up until now I had not seen any negative reviews on him. Hopefully he will come back to you. :)

I have no complaints about Domi's work, I just think he's over-worked and not very good at communicating. The lack of communication is a problem I experienced with almost every modder I tried during the last two years (only exception: fxrAndy! ;-).

So, if you're a good modder and you're willing to answer emails on a regular basis... you will have a good future here! LOL...

Seriously, I don't get it... why is it so hard to answer emails or drop the odd PM if a watch has arrived or you have sent one out. And if you cannot even estimate when you will get to work on a new piece because you have dozens of packages lying around already... why on earth don't you stop taking new orders before you've had a chance to catch up with your work? Seems to happen to all the modders... :bangin:

The fact the Domenico got problems with English speaking is a well know problem , this was nether candid and this was always seed and repeated.

Wile ,

I'm sure that a lot of RWG members and me too,

were always been in disposal to help the FORUMS members that got communication problem with Domi.

Or

like me , that now I'm not telling in my mother language ,

you can always test to learn one of the two kind languages that Domenico perfectly speak ( Italian and German ).

Or, freely chose another valued watchmaker.

PS: I drop a message to Mr. Blozer , I'll hope to solve too soon.

Hi sorry I not have received mail from you, I have this watch received see pics, and mail not

dsc07765d.jpg

Name and address removed-Ken

please for all guys write you mail on the paper in the pachage

cheers

:animal_rooster: :animal_rooster: :animal_rooster:

Ya I got a jacket from bergie that I sent back without a tracking number that they apparently never received after 4 months, I guess the moral is its definitely necessary to pay more to make sure it gets shipped unless you dont really care. Though I know it can be a [censored] off having to send a faulty product back and you dont want to spend even more money after spending so much initially, but nothing else you can do, just write a review and dont buy from them again.

UPDATE:Original Domenico's Message I received now

------------------

Ma lu i dove le manda le mails? Io di norma rispondo a tutti e quando no capisco qualcosa mi rivolgo a te o a guru oppure a omar , quindi non vedo dove il problema.

------------------

Translation :

Were this person sent mails??

I usually replay to all the person that contact me, when I do not understand , I tell with you or Guru or Omar, so I do not see were the problem is.

So, no contact info was put in the package...

And Domi hasnt received your emails.... Have you checked you are sending to his current email address? or possibly your have gone to spam...;)

Without doubt you would of been contacted if Domi had known how to .....once he received the watch... Domi wouldnt just receive a watch and then ignore it..no matter how busy he has been..

The main thing is you now know that the watch arrived :)

And Domi is waiting to help you :thumbsupsmileyanim: Once he knows how to contact you... :)

I think maybe some of the comments on here were a little premature...

10 SAFE TIPS

1 - Moddind is one expensive hobby!

2 - If you got one 5$ watch and you want to got one 5000$ watch spending 10$ for modding, chose to another hobby, it's better.

3 - Always get in your envelope or packet a short description of the Mods you need and your address and mail address.

4 - Ask for a preview price before start the work.

5 - Take always in count that some candid problems can be find in your watch .

6 - Ship always by UPS or safer.

7 - Pay always and ask for a safer returning shipping .

8- If you got problems with Domi, ask for some other member to tell with him, or simply use Domi's RWG tread:

9- Last, but only for some donkey guy , when you pay , do not call back money on PayPal .

10 - Last always remember again that Moddind is expensive hobby!

Edited by rosnik

10 SAFE TIPS

1 - Moddind is one expensive hobby!

2 - If you got one 5$ watch and you want to got one 5000$ watch spending 10$ for modding, chose to another hobby, it's better.

3 - Always get in your envelope or packet a short description of the Mods you need and your address and mail address.

4 - Ask for a preview price before start the work.

5 - Take always in count that some candid problems can be find in your watch .

6 - Ship always by UPS or safer.

7 - Pay always and ask for a safer returning shipping .

8- If you got problems with Domi, ask for some other member to tell with him, or simply use Domi's RWG tread:

9- Last, but only for some donkey guy , when you pay , do not call back money on PayPal .

10 - Last always remember again that Moddind is expensive hobby!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Awesome!

I'm also in the middle of a non promising transaction.

I've been waiting for a watch shipped from CONUS for more than one month: I contacted the seller to kindly ask a scan of the shipment receipt to be sure the address written was correct and I got no reply at all after 10 days and one reminder.

I'll wait a couple of weeks more but it's not a nice situation.

I already lost one watch as seller and refunded 100% the buyer.

As for Domi, I cannot tell anything but good things, he's just too busy right now I guess.:)

Edited by ryaku

Sure, Domi is a good guy, no doubt about it. I was just ranting about all our modders waiting lists in general... We just need more good modders like Domi!

By the way: Can anyone PM me Domi's correct Email Adress, please? Maybe I have an old one?!