When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trio of Bases

unregistered

Dial was relumed by Taka per my requests which was to have an almondy shade rather than the deep orangy shade most seem to like (and I'm quite averse to). I left the finish as the stock anthracite style as I quite liked it rather than matte the surface. Hands were stock FGD hands with no relume.

I actually have one more base which I've not included in the photoshoot and that is a PAM294 Radiomir

I could not agree with those choices more. Looks great.

Dial was relumed by Taka per my requests which was to have an almondy shade rather than the deep orangy shade most seem to like (and I'm quite averse to). I left the finish as the stock anthracite style as I quite liked it rather than matte the surface. Hands were stock FGD hands with no relume.

I actually have one more base which I've not included in the photoshoot and that is a PAM294 Radiomir

Great watches mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thats a great PVD finish you have from those pics mate very close to gen..... that and the 202a had that very light pencil grey.... looks like you captured it perfectly....

I do prefer the matching dial on these bases... I am starting to get into the non lumed edge look of the later PreA/A dials...

Though I do like the Non Matching with PVD not SS ..... I did have it on a T-S-T dial which I know isnt accurate I did like the contrast...

cool, be interested in the build details on this one.

I was going to suggest you need a 210, but the 294 is way more interesting!

cool, be interested in the build details on this one.

I was going to suggest you need a 210, but the 294 is way more interesting!

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

:) Completely agree

DSN dial vacclumed

Shortened crown tube

shortened lugs

Steinghertz (sp??) plexi

Swiss 6497

Cartel 232 case and caseback (so slightly incorrect)

@PeteM: Thanks mate, yeah the pencil lead finish on the 009B is pretty accurate and has a lovely worn patina. There are more pics of it around here;

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

Note these were done before I relumed the dial, added a H3 CP etc.

OOoooooo mate.... Its even better now I see those pics... !!!!

That has to be the best finish I have seen in any pics of a rep.... I am very jealous mate :)

I love the fact you have gone for a 009 on a B rather than the norm ;) Sweet mate

I must say I absolutely love the bases..... there is something so special about them to me ... that really sums up what the PAM means to me and its history.....

It started for me with my franken 000..... when I put it on I could never understand why I ever took it off. There is something hypnotising about that base dial !!! .... I have a few bases now... and I love them all....

I cant help but stare at those base dials..... with the 000 its the lume..... with the PreVs and PreAs its the vintage T and variations in the numbers and markers !!!

UR ..... when it comes to the bases ...we are kindred spirits mate ;)

PS Nice Orloff :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks mate, I need to see more pics of your collection! Bases are where its meant to be, they are what got me into PAMs and the only reason I'm still around rep parts is cause of them :D You're right, the simplicity and symmetry of the dials is what captures me.

That Orloff is a stunner. I could not believe its croc grain, amazing strap maker Mario is.

i agree with you on the almondy shade...i had Z relume my 036 with this color...

pam0364.jpg

i also agree on the anthracite - the color is really sharp - at times, its charcoal, at other times, its dark chocolate or tobacco...i built a PAM 055 and went with FGD's stock lume color on both hands and dial...love it...

imag0360h.jpg