When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ref 1570 on day/date

tabularasa415

plexy daydates uses a diferent movement (1555 or 1556) which is different from a 1570 (found on dates and datejusts).

To be used in a MBW case you will need a 1570 from a date (1500), this is the best choice but probably you will need to adjust a bit the case.

Hope this helps

"1570 is correct for the 5513"

Some 5512/5513 trivia:

The 5512 and 5513 have the exact same case/dial/depth rating specs with case reference number and dial printing being the only differences.

All 1500 series movements derived from the 1530 base movement.

The 1530 was made before the 1520...1530 around 1957, 1520 around 1963.

The 1530 was the replacement for the 1030, introduced around 1950.

The 5512 used the 1530 or 1570.

The 1530 and 1570 were chronometer rated with Breguet hairsprings.

The 1530 was no hack, the 1570 could be hack or no hack...the 1570 came out around 1965.

Later 5513 used 17 or 26 jewel 1520 but the early models had a 1530. The 1520 could be hack or no hack.

The 1520 was not chronometer rated and used a flat hairspring, different escape wheel etc than the 1570.

The 1530 ran at 18000 bph and the 1520/1570 ran at 19800 bph.

If you see a 1560 in something, it is very similar to the 1530 with Breguet hairspring and runs at 18000 bph. The intro date is listed as 1965 but there is a lot of debate about it because the 1565 date movement came out around 1959 and the 1565 GMT around 1962. The 1560 could have been a replacement for the 18000 bph 1530.

"a rolex movement is awesome and all but whats wrong with a slow beat eta? usually 1/10th the price"

Very good advice imho.

I've given this topic a lot of thought the last few days while part-gathering to send my watch off and create my first Franken. I've decided that a slow beat ETA seems the most affordable route, not to mention that I'm going to be the only person who knows what is inside and the rest of the watch will look stellar, so who gives a pooh if it isn't Rolex on the inside. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the amazing pieces I've seen that are almost completely gen, but unless I were some creep trying to create a perfect rep to sell off to some poor sap, I don't see the need for the Rolex beater. And for those who would do that... well, I doubt they'd be a part of our community. And if they were, I'm sure we'd have a good 'ole-fashioned witch-hunt. ::grabs pitchfork::

Is $300 reasonable for a 2846 ETA serviced, regulated and ready to go in my watch?

--Jer

I've given this topic a lot of thought the last few days while part-gathering to send my watch off and create my first Franken. I've decided that a slow beat ETA seems the most affordable route, not to mention that I'm going to be the only person who knows what is inside and the rest of the watch will look stellar, so who gives a pooh if it isn't Rolex on the inside. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the amazing pieces I've seen that are almost completely gen, but unless I were some creep trying to create a perfect rep to sell off to some poor sap, I don't see the need for the Rolex beater. And for those who would do that... well, I doubt they'd be a part of our community. And if they were, I'm sure we'd have a good 'ole-fashioned witch-hunt. ::grabs pitchfork::

Is $300 reasonable for a 2846 ETA serviced, regulated and ready to go in my watch?

--Jer

That is reasonable and there are some great watches from our trusted sources that are less than that...with an ETA 2846 on board. Just ready for modding or frankening...is that a word. We need an RWG dictionary.

Edited by preacher62