When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OEM Breitling straps

Mickey Padge

I have a genuine Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, worn at the moment on a brown calf strap, but with summer on the way I though an OEM 22mm rubber deployant strap would be a better bet, great for the beach and swimming etc....

Quick pic of the watch:

dsc02850dk.jpg

So I stopped by my local AD a few days back, an enquired about the rubber straps, the 22mm black tang buckle divers strap was a reasonable enough price, but the fit of those on a smaller (6.5") wrist is really horrible, so I asked about the deployant style Ocean Racer strap to be told they were £320! Now that converts to $530 roughly, which is crazy money! :bangin:

So the question is, where can I find a genuine 22-20mm black Ocean Racer strap, but for a reasonable price? I have looked over the various sales forums and ebay, but can't seem to find anything. Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers! B)

Mick --

A friend of mine has a gen OR strap on his gen BCE and he wishes he hadn't spent the money having looked at my rep OR. I held it in my hand, and tried it on and there is very little difference. You probably know this, but that's what my buddy thinks.. Just a thought. :)

Edited by JKDDUDE

Mick --

A friend of mine has a gen OR strap on his gen BCE and he wishes he hadn't spent the money having looked at my rep OR. I held it in my hand, and tried it on and there is very little difference. You probably know this, but that's what my buddy thinks.. Just a thought. :)

Thanks, the V2 OR is very nice quality true, but I can't bring myself to put a rep strap on a gen watch, it just seems wrong to me! :lol:

I hear you --

You could buy the gen rubber and put it on the rep deployant??? (It's the expensive part anyway)...I tried to find a difference in the gen compared to my rep -- but couldn't. Fortunately my rep is really good quality -- I know they can be hit or miss for sure. I think that price makes it ridiculous when the rep is so close.

You get what you pay for. Look around For Sale sections of the GEN forums. I picked up a PVD Deployant and a Pro II diver strap in 24mm for $535. That was an amazing deal. The deployant alone in PVD is close to $1k. The straps are over $350. You just need to shop around. A Mint OR with a Good condition deployant will cost you around $3-400. It's the price you pay for a quality product. I've had both. The rubbers aren't even on the same field of play. That's why you see people boiling them , etc. To soften them up.

Unfortonatly there was just a massive price hike on all OEM Breitling straps. OR's here in the States used to be $410, I believe it got bumped up to $475...still waiting for my 2011 price list. Agreed you can NOT put a rep OR on a Gen Fish.

Just buy a new Gen Ling with a 22mm OR and sell the head...I am looking for a new Ling. :whistling::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice Gen by the way. I just took my Blue Fish off the Pro I this morning and put it on a gen blue croco.

IMG_0521.jpg

Edited by Bike Mike

• 3 weeks later...