When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh QC beat rate photo - what is considered good?

rek001

Hi all, I just ordered a Pam 196 Daylight from Joshua (I'm excited!)

When I get the QC photo showing the watch on the timing machine, what number(s) should I look for?

What number is considered acceptable in this QC approval process?

Thanks very much.

with any asian movement, chrono, unitas or 28xx with in +- 20 seconds is with in specs, and a beat rate error of 1.5ms, with a vibrograph ect and a bit if time you can get them better, but dont forget that a standard swiss movement (non chronometer) from ETA is only generaly specified to +- 20 sec a day

jmb, perfection has its costs, LOL.

FxrAndy, thank you for your detailed response, I'm ready for Josh, bring it on.

Although this is a fair enough question for anyone who doesn't know, having dealt with Joshua quite a few times now, I don't believe he would send QC pics of a watch that had something seriously wrong with it.

Furthermore, I don't think he would send anyone a watch which he knew was seriously faulty. Lets face it, it would be all mover RWG and it would affect his good reputation, not to mention his business!

Obviously, the QC pics should be studied in case there is a minor detail he hasn't spotted, and he'll normally get most things put right or source a different watch, but the beat rate photo is generally proof that the watch he has sourced is running within acceptable limits.

If he was going to send pictures of a watch which had a beat rate which was way out, he might as well send one showing the dial fitted upside down!

OK, Joshua just e-mailed me an EMS tracking # for the Pam 196 I just paid for, really fast.

But, am I going to see QC photos before he actually ships?

Is this the usual, to get a tracking # before you see the QC pics?

browngo, thanks for your reply.

I get the impression that you think Joshua's QC procedures are not even necessary, well that's your choice.

I've been collecting reps for 8 years, used Joshua many times because he's very good, but sometimes stuff slips past even the best dealer.

Joshua offers QC service and that's what I expect.

I personally think that any QC pictures should take as is, no guarantee; as far as they send a watch that looks just like the one on the picture you will not be able to tell the difference.

Even if it is completely in the realm of possibility, it is a pessimistic position IMO. The dealers that do send Q.C. pics could simply forgo with the practice, if it is as you possibly suggest.