When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Moon Watch

jsw

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing the Omega moonwatch from silix. I'm aware of the hybrid nature of this watch, but I'm curious to know whether the second hand on the rep functions in the same way as the original (I'm not sure whether it is a sub dial on the original or not)? Also, does anyone have any general comments on this watch that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

James

She's fitted with a Venus Seagull 175, yes all hands work as gen.

Ken

Thanks - That's interesting, so the six oclock dial works as the original and not as an hour marker as described here?

EDIT: Okay have seen other replys. So which is the second hand, the large hand on the clock or one of the sub dials?

James

Edited by jsw

I bought the one from the picture from El a couple off months ago it`s the one with the domed hesalite crystal like the original and the accent grave on the e of tachymetre. Maybe he can still obtain these.

I added pictures so you can see for yourself wich is closer.

El`s

131238-19210.jpg

silix`s

131238-19211.jpg

Gen (courtesy to the omega site)

131238-19212.jpg

I can really recommend this watch, In fact I liked the rep so much I went and bought the gen!

The running seconds hand is at 9, the chrono minute repeater is at 3, the chronos second hand is the large centre one and the sub-dial at 6 merely tracks the hour hand. I got this 6 o'clock subdial frozen.

I can really recommend this watch, In fact I liked the rep so much I went and bought the gen!

The running seconds hand is at 9, the chrono minute repeater is at 3, the chronos second hand is the large centre one and the sub-dial at 6 merely tracks the hour hand. I got this 6 o'clock subdial frozen.

Dear Baltic,

Are you going to mention your moonie in every post about the moonwatch? Because this will make me and i bet some others too extremly jealous.

You lucky,lucky fellow :):):)

Many thanks for all the advise.

retep - Thanks for the photo comparison, I think I prefer the smaller silix one.

baltic - I saw your post in the photo forum, I'm looking forward to your gen-rep comparison. Out of interest which rep did you own?

James

;)

Dear Baltic,

Are you going to mention your moonie in every post about the moonwatch? Because this will make me and i bet some others too extremly jealous.

You lucky,lucky fellow :):):)

Bloody right I am mate :D It's not every day I spend £1k+ on a watch...

@ JSW, I've just posted the gen v rep comparison on the Omega photo page

Did I mention I've just bought a genuine one :p;)