When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My package got stolen =(

praetor

I ordered a watch form puretime 2 weeks ago, got too excited and signed the package right away

and found this:

DSC_0145.jpg

It's not FUkcing damaged it's STOLEN!! FML

FUUUCK

I'm gonna do a chargeback

Edited by praetor

Sorry to hear about the loss, but I would always contact the seller & give them a few days (at least) to handle it before doing anything else (including posting here). In most cases, the seller will reship the item.

Between this & the currently insecure nature of International Registered Mail, it looks like we are entering a new dark age as far as reliable shipping goes.

sorry about that but I was really looking forward to the watch and got angry to now sad...maybe because it was a Rolex, it was a PT 1665 drsd. I was looking forward to stripping it. I would gladly receive the watch in pieces as long as I can put it back together.

while it is not Angus' fault, it is the seller's responsibility to get the package to the buyer and make sure that it is insured against potential losses and take the potential for losses into the price of the product and their accounting system. I'm trying to see whether he'll send another watch first.

thanks... I resisted filing a paypal dispute. I'm just so frustrated right now b/c I'm really short on cash since I just paid for my summer school and my student loans won't come for another 6 weeks and am starting my DRSD dial project concurently with my DRSD 1665 project. Also, that my school starts in a week ! =( I'm cutting it close: I calculated that I'd have roughly $40 dollars left in my bank account for the next 4 weeks minus the money to CNC a blank dial >.< and the dial project would have to be postponed for another month or two. Of course, I could just ask my parents for money :black_eye:

Well, I don't use the money in my bank account for living expenses, I live with my parents =D

It's a project that's never been done before on this forum: pad printing. I just won an ebay auction on the equipment I would need, albeit retrofitting some parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170631923461&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I finished the design, and the prototype film positive was a success, now just waiting on the plates and the UV exposure unit.

It was 6 months in the planning stages and I have a 2 week window to do it when I have no school >.<

Edited by praetor

if you were in my shoes, how would you feel for the 1st hour or 2 after you found out that your stuff is stolen?

very irrational.... right now I'm feeling "yea watever..."

Edited by praetor

[censored] off but would not anywhere near file chargeback without communicate with the seller. How do you feel if you were the seller? This wasn't the seller fault.....

To me, if you cannot afford to lose a couple hundreds dollars without being so unreasonable, and patient, this hobby isnt right for you.

you're probably right. Probably should go play video games and go fishing or something. But I have to finish what I started. Besides, I love being a WIS

Edited by praetor

Guest Carl

I feel your pain.

But your package wasn't stolen; it arrived. It's the watch that has gone missing. Sometimes nothing arrives.

After having begun purchasing rep watches more than six years ago, I eventually learned not to plan events around an expected watch arrival. Too many variables. With the listing of trusted and not quite so trusted dealers here, you have a bit more on your side. As your purchase came from one of the trusted ones (near the top) you probably will be made whole by the dealer. Since you paid by PayPal, you really cannot lose. Financially, you have no worries. You have been a victim of theft, perhaps for the first time. It's painful.

Just be patient and try to let the dealer work it out. Let us know how it goes.

Carl