When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Warning for Bad Packaging

Rojjben

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear about your deal. no one deserves to be treated with such utter disdain by another member (Ex-Member?) I believe that situations like this are the very reason it's important to leave feedback on sales. If you have a great deal, let everyone know about it, conversely, if you have a deal that ends poorly, it's also important to let others know via feedback just what went wrong, i.e. Poor packaging, broken watch, lack of communication, etc. Also, it 's imcumbent to folks that are contemplating deals to read the feedback. If you are thinking about a deal, especially if it involves something expensive, it wouldn't hurt to post a "What about This person"? I see this over on the Vintage Rolex Forum all the time. Usually those deals represent considerably more expensive watches, but it really doesn't matter. losing 300 USD to most of ue is probably as important as one of those guys losing 3000USD.

I would also add, don't paint all members with such a wide brush. I know from my experience, I have never had a really poorly packaged watch from a member seller. I have bought and sold a ton of watches over the years., probably 95% used and never had a really bad deal. I package watches just like those sent from a genuine dealer. Cardboard outer box, lots of packing peanuts and the watch well wrapped in bubble wrap. It only costs a couple of dollars more to pack and send it right, and it sure cuts down on the worry factor.It certainly won't withstand being run over by a forklift or and airport Tug, but it will withstand the usual abuse of our Postal workers.

Update.

Got word from Andy. So far he located the following;

1, the fine regulation screw had fallen out into the movement

2, the dial had moved and was pressing on the seconds hand

3, the regulator arm is catching on the beat arm circle making regulation difficult

:black_eye:

• 6 months later...

I think it may be because he's banned M, not sure if that is the reason, but it would make sense.

Either that or one of the Admin/Mods have locked the thread?

TT was saying that hes back under a new guise, LOLO's I think it is? The guy is a complete half wit! nicko, not TT!! :p )

Sixx :bones:

I think it may be because he's banned M, not sure if that is the reason, but it would make sense.

Either that or one of the Admin/Mods have locked the thread?

TT was saying that hes back under a new guise, LOLO's I think it is? The guy is a complete half wit! nicko, not TT!! :p )

Sixx :bones:

Im sure you are right S..thanks.:)

• 2 months later...