When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Warning for Bad Packaging

Rojjben

What an über goof.. How could one not understand that two watches without bubble wrap in the same package would have a result like this is way beyond me.. But in this case it seems the PAM was broken before it even got in that envelope and the other broken watch was just put in there to make it look like this all happened during shipping due to lousy packing..

Huge kudos to FxrAndy for his offer to fix this matter! A true gentleman who I'm proud to call a friend! :good:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think this is a very similer case to mine that I had a while back, I'm pretty sure after talking with R here, that the watch was taken partially apart!!

Whether that was caused by ineptitude from Nikos, or from a fall on a very hard surface, ie, it being dropped on stone tiles or on the pavement and it's not bounced very well!

There are also finger prints on the inside of the crystal too, from what I'm told, they aren't in the pics in his sales post!

Normally I would never say this about another member, but I agree with some of the others, I think it's time for Nikos to get his farewells from TT " say goodnight....."

Sixx :bones:

Fingerprints or some kind of smudging over the seconds.

Second hand is bent. Dont really know what has happened to the watch.

I guess a lot of things can go wrong if you pack it like crap...

URGH maaaaaaannnnnnnn, sorry Rojjben, my blood boils for you my friend. What a frustrating situation. It seems that a lack of moral decency is becoming more and more common now adays! Have NO idea what the hell the seller was thinking - what a douche!! :thumbdown:

I agree with a few comments that the watch probably didnt receive that amount of damage by being packaged with another watch. It probably fell on a hard surface and came loose.....

I hope this gets sorted for you ASAP!.......and I hope the seller gets the boot (we dont need people like that here).

The guy is a [censored] plain and simple!!

Really nice offer from you there Andy, classy as ever bud!

+ 1

Normally I would never say this about another member, but I agree with some of the others, I think it's time for Nikos to get his farewells from TT " say goodnight....."

+ 1 - get him outta here!

Maybe Nikos needs to understand that if he doesn't address this not only will he get his plug pulled here but we will do our utmost to see that he gets banned from all the boards.

Ken

To the OP, I had a skeletonised 6497-based luminor fall out of the waist pocket on a hoodie (put it there during a weights session to be safe, forgot it was there when I took it off :), it landed on the flat side and made identically the same size dint in identically the same spot. It fell onto a tile floor, the crystal popped out and the movement dislodged, it looks identical to the pictures you listed. I can almost guarantee the same thing happened to the 26.

PP is a great system, but shows its inherent flaws when there is no information about the purchase, such as an eBay description. The only thing to do that would be 100% effective is to set up a forum-based escrow system, and that would be bad for so many reasons.

There is no easy solution, hopefully you can recoup your costs by selling off the bits as parts, and getting yourself a shiny new 26.

Good luck mate.

Really sorry to see someone treated in such a manner, I hope you can get a resolution, and indeed, definitely see if Andy can fix things.

This isn't normally my style, but given the situation, I think Nikos wants banning from all forums. To suggest that he could get a new case from his supplier, makes me think he's trying to be a re-seller, not a genuine collector, and to pack items in such an unacceptable way, just shows such a total lack of respect for the buyer, it is, well, not exactly a 'scam', as goods were received, but still in that same mindset... Someone like that brings nothing to our community :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

No recourse here im afraid. Salvage whatever ypu can and make the best of it. Make lemonades from lemons. Take up the offer to fix the two watches.

As for the nikos guy, he showed complete disregard and disrespect for his property and others. Ban him from this and all rep forums.

He has been online today, but still ignoring my emails and the PP claim :thumbdown:

Oh well, wrote him a mail telling him to enjoy my 250 bucks. And that I see it as a investment to warn others...

A little bit surprised to see that he still is a VIP though. But that might just be me :mellow:

A little bit surprised to see that he still is a VIP though. But that might just be me :mellow:

VIP Status has nothing to do with these types of issues...

Banning on the other hand does :)

Applying a little bit of patience is always a good thing for the Mod Team though...

But...

Once that patience has run out...

"Say Goodnight Gracie"...

And that time is coming soon...

Double T