When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question Regarding Josh's 1680's

tomyeshuah

guess not...

i d wager both versions still have the retaining issue when fitting a gen crystal tho

The watch is pretty close as I have two and have had one apart. The watch may need a little work to accept a gen crystal but so did my dw 6263.

I have one that I received about 1 month ago. I put a Clark 127 on it and it fit perfectly. Case is of gen construction.

The crown guards are short but they are alot better when you see the watch (in person) than trying to scrutinize it in pictures. Another problem is that the crown is to long. This exacerbates the CG problem. I have machined down the crown to the right size and worked on the CGs and it looks OK.

Biggest problem I have is that the date has three components. The dwo, the date window and the mag lens. None of these seem to line up, horizontally. The date is left justified in the date window (same old problem). The mag lens is to the right of the date window. I am assuming that the Clark crystal is spot on and it is almost identical to the crystal that came on the watch. That means that the dial and the dwo are off.

Solution...I have a 5513 dial on the way and a new 2846 awaiting implant. Problem solved. No more date issues.

Edited by preacher62

The crown guards are short but they are alot better when you see the watch (in person) than trying to scrutinize it in pictures. Another problem is that the crown is to long. This exacerbates the CG problem. I have machined down the crown to the right size and worked on the CGs and it looks OK.

i dont know, those stubbys are like a finger print to me, you can easily identify the cartel copies in a pile of 1680s, and the lug hole posistion doesnt help either.

i dont know, those stubbys are like a finger print to me, you can easily identify the cartel copies in a pile of 1680s, and the lug hole posistion doesnt help either.

i know you love MBK watches - but did you actually had one of these in your hands ? ;)

to the OP:

Red Subs are not too easy 2get ..

maybe start to find an accurate dial first ;) - will be quite a challenge :)

why not a Sub without a date ? saves a lot of time and energy getting the DW right ...

cheers,

Frank