When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG seems like Shutter Island! Guys need mental help!

greekgod

G'day guys

I am relatively new and have got my first shipment of 5 watches last week from Andrew. Now I have been doing my studies lately and trying to figure out things of this niche industry (is it??)

I was going through the website called replica-watch report by Richard Brown. Last night I was browsing through the websites he reviews and Andrew's yourtrustytime came up.. though he did not tag it as a scam or crap website, which he normally does to most, he said it was probably the best amongst the worst around and he would never buy another watch from him again.....

NOW my problem is that as a noob one soon realizes that there are new names in the game that can be trusted (may I point out I started from the PAM section) and those being Andrew, Josh and a couple more... Also the prices of watches on these competitors are more or less the same. Why is it then that Mr. Brown who claims to have only non biased reviews says Andrews watches are over prices and has ranked some other websites (mostly visually appealing) to be better than Andrew and the gang?? I have seem these sites and surly they are pricing some of the watches for almost half the price or 40% off but may be these watches are not of the highest quality reps (or are they??)

I am just in a delima at the moment coz I am wondering if I am on the right track here (coz usually my research is not bad and I make a good decision at the end) are forums like this one and RWI, geek all controlled by the so called Cartel and manipulate customers by attracting them to the info they are looking for and then directing them to their respective websites to make higher margins of profits?? Does it mean that there is another bigger industry out there??

I personally also think some of the senior members who have written reviews on RWG and close to experts in this field... Brown's reviews seem very superficial and probably lack the depth that people like By-Tor can achieve. In fact he had used some of the reviews from this site on his website thus giving it credibility.... Errr I AM SO CONFUSED!!

Don't listen to the Replica Watch Report... a bunch of BS is what I've heard. :thumbdown:

Stick around here and keep buying from Andrew, Josh, and/or the others listed on this site! You'll get WAY better information here than you will over there!

Oh, and welcome! With five watches, it sounds like you're off to an amazing start! :drinks:

Thanks I thought as much....BG

Actually I only have the PAM 318 1:1 and a Tag monaco.. the rest 3 are for my friend... What I am looking or now would be a Franck MULLER, HUBLOT, GRAHAM and defo an ORIS carlos coste.. and a few more ..hehe (can I start a "help towards greekgods collection" donation thread hehe?)

Richard Brown is a good guy. Whoever runs RWR these days is... not.

Apparently the name expired or it was sold but Richard popped in once a while ago to explain that he was no longer responsible for the content there.

"I have seem these sites and surly they are pricing some of the watches for almost half the price or 40% off but maybe these watches are not of the highest quality reps (or are they??)."

I should keep my big mouth shut but I can't. The exact same watch may sell for $100 up to $850 or more ($100 to a 'friend', $225 or $275 from various 'collectors' and as much as $850 from internet ripoff sites).

Proof (facts...not my usual BS): :animal_rooster:

A 'friend of a friend of a friend' is in the 'import/export' business in NYC and he sends us replica watches now and then. We do not order them, he mixes them in with fashion watches we order to get more $$ for the order. A few weeks back he sent a black dial modern explorer II with eta signed goldtone 2836 etaclone, sapphire crystal, and hollow link sel bracelet with screws all the way through the links. The hands are stacked 24h, 12h, m, not the chs layout. The 24 hour hand is adjustable backward in the date set position (one way sets date, other way sets 24h). The dial is close to 'noob' quality and it has a tiny coronet at 6 on the crystal.

He also sent a blue dial/blue bezel 'ceramic' sub with the same mvt 'by mistake' to jack the price.

He wanted $100 each and at this price he claims to make about $20 each and he told us a while back out of the blue that 'swiss rolex' is $80.

Swiss rolex = Asian etaclone 2836 etc, not DG/CH/Seagull.

The guy is in the cheapo fashion watch business and is from China so he has the connections. He does not know 'genuine swiss' from 'Asian etaclone' but he does know the difference between DG/CH/Seagull and Eta type movements.

We never know what might show up next. :pardon:

I have seem these sites and surly they are pricing some of the watches for almost half the price or 40% off but may be these watches are not of the highest quality reps (or are they??)

Even if you can buy the same reps for 10% price, isn't it better to buy from sombody trusted with good customer service?

make higher margins of profits??

Even if the margin was 90% - who cares, compare it to the price of gens - it's still a bargain.

Does it mean that there is another bigger industry out there??

Probably 90% of fake watches are sold on streets, 9% via Internet, and the final 1% would be the people on rep forums buying from trusted dealers. Yes, I did make these statistics up, but when you think about it, the number of people on rep forums is still peanuts compared to the general population that buys fake watches. And the average customer buys fake watches like this:

I am just in a delima at the moment coz I am wondering if I am on the right track here (coz usually my research is not bad and I make a good decision at the end) are forums like this one and RWI, geek all controlled by the so called Cartel and manipulate customers by attracting them to the info they are looking for and then directing them to their respective websites to make higher margins of profits?? Does it mean that there is another bigger industry out there??

You need to get back on those meds and quickly :thumbsupsmileyanim: just joking. Seriously though rwr is mostly rubbish, there is no cartel controlling the forums, we are just consumers (like you) trying to make the right decision, and the forums help give us direction in what is otherwise a minefield of scamming and rubbish. Stick with the forums, the (big 4) as they say.

This forum is the real rep connoisseurs forum tbh, the others are fine, no issue with them but the others can be like either crèches or Hitler youth camps (bloody overzealous mods!) at times. At the end of the day though we are all searching for the same thing and In time you will really value the research and direction that people like By Tor and others give us. The alternative would be that we would be thousands of pounds worse off and have much much crappier watches. :thumbsupsmileyanim: