When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this an old school MBW/MBK 5513?

milesd

I just want to be sure before I send over payment for this. It's kinda of a shame to buy these entire watch just for the case, but I'll be replacing the crown with gen, the dial with a 5517 dial, the plexi with gen, the hands with sword hands, case back with a 5517, bezel insert with a 5517 and the pearl with a yuki. However I really want the correct height with the crown, and this appears to have it:

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

I don't want to be a party pooper but some of the details look wrong compared to my old 1665 MBW. In fact this looks more like a contemporary PT to me.

Can you get a photo from the 6:00 end of the case to show the droopy CGs and the sloped case side opposite the crown?

My tells: the insert, the finish on back of the CGs, the CGs are short (in pics 4 & 5), the rehaut looks too deep, the lugs don't extend far enough past the endlink. Are you sure all photos are of the same watch?

typical RG sales thread :

"....I paid it over 400€ from chris and i spent nearly 300€ for the service, so 700 total (about a thousand $, but change 2 years ago was rly different) considering also that this MBW isn't in production anymore, and unfortunately it'll maybe never be produced again, i'm letting it go for 400€ plus shipping charges."

300 Euro for a service ? - hey paid 400 for it ? :animal_rooster:

anyway - looks like the watch was sold for 400 - long life the hype :bleh:

cheers,

Frank

what's wrong with that?

yours is an useless post... if you have anything to complaint, pm me here or on RG!

he is asking if it is an old case mbw or not.

and that service was amazing, done in an AD workshop by my friend and worth every euro.

first there is no old case MBW 5513 :)

2nd Eurotimes never sold them for more than 400 Euros :)

3rd service for 300 - when a factory sealed brand sparkling new genuine ETA is 100 Euro ? :)

but you right - nothing wrong with that :bangin:

newer mbws are different than older ones

eurotimes sold my watch with nato strap @ nearly 500$ with shipping charges

go in a ad and inform yourself how much does a service cost..

now justify why you are selling an OLD CASE MBW seadweller without bracelet @ 390 €

AHAH

maybe u just need to read some books or old threads... cheers

newer mbws are different than older ones

eurotimes sold my watch with nato strap @ nearly 500$ with shipping charges

go in a ad and inform yourself how much does a service cost..

now justify why you are selling an OLD CASE MBW seadweller without bracelet @ 390 €

AHAH

maybe u just need to read some books or old threads... cheers

:1a: luck you that you got a special price from ET - must be an very cool Nato strap from $100 :D

and very cool idea - tomorrow i go with my Seadweller to WEMPE and ask for service :lol::rofl:

i dunno what that means by the way i am not replyin you anymore.

be free to live in your muffled world above the clouds

cheers.

okay - i made you angry - sorry :D

in my experience ETz sold MBKs for about $400 US shipped, dot remember if this was for a gen eta or not.

ETA servicing from an AD would run $250 as of last year

there have revisions to the MBK over the last 4 years. go ask for a 1680 what you get will not be what you expected. the 1665 has had different hev valve positions as well. the 16610 has changed several times and they no longer make the polex 16610s as of last year. who knows what the 5513s will looks like in 6 months. still dont over pay for one based on speculation that its rare, a little patience will reward you im sure.

in my experience ETz sold MBKs for about $400 US shipped, dot remember if this was for a gen eta or not.

ETA servicing from an AD would run $250 as of last year

there have revisions to the MBK over the last 4 years. go ask for a 1680 what you get will not be what you expected. the 1665 has had different hev valve positions as well. the 16610 has changed several times and they no longer make the polex 16610s as of last year. who knows what the 5513s will looks like in 6 months. still dont over pay for one based on speculation that its rare, a little patience will reward you im sure.

i was just pulling this guys leg - an he jumped in ;)

you are right - there may be different revision and so on ..

for me - and that maybe only me - are the good/real MBWs only the 1680er and 1665s from some years ago ....