When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy with Orloff JV

Watchmeister

Nice!

This one is gator grain embossed calf leather, right?

His JV style gen croc hasn't got the same pattern...

Orloff can supply different parts of the leather, you need only ask which type of pattern you like. I don't believe it is possible to emboss and then treat the leather, although if it is, the process results in an outstanding finish.

Great watch and love the detail with that keeper holder , it looks a quality strap. But I just dont get the JV Nubuck texture thing. Perhaps I need to see one in the flesh to know properly. I just imagine that mine would look grubby after a few weeks wear. Sorry don't want to rain on your parade dude it looks great.

Storm-

I understand your concern. I was wondering the same thing but loved the strap and his quality and pricing is excellent. I did put on some conditioner after these pics which slightly darkened the skin but will hopefully help. It is my first light colored JV so we will have to see. I have a couple of darker JV's on other watches and they have held up well. I just couldn't resist. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice Comb W :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can see you are a spiller just like me.... except I get mine down my front whereas you go for the cuffs !! ;):)

Mario does some great straps.... as you say if you ask you will get :)

Awesome mate! But you might want to check with Orloff to confirm. He told me he doesn't have that pattern on gen croc...only on his calf.

But who cares really....it looks fantastic!! :)

I've been told the same by Mario, that's why I've chosen the sueded croc...Pattern is not the same for croc, no scales on it...

IMG00679-20100916-1704.jpgIMG00676-20100916-1703.jpg

Beauty Warren

Calf or no calf

Most OEM gators look like high end calf grain anyhoo

I have a stunning Stone Creek Gator in congac wi a high patina. Not an every day wear on my Franken Fiddy but every once in a while it's a nice change of pace

T-

That is a stunning strap as well. :thumbsupsmileyanim: It is funny that the Fiddy is really one of the few PAM's I have that I regularly change the strap. I will go to the trouble to change the strap to a more formal one for work versus play. Most other PAM's I just wear the same strap until the strap dies. :lol:

IMG00672-20100916-1648.jpgIMG00675-20100916-1658.jpgIMG00674-20100916-1649.jpg

Thanks brother, agreed. I have three straps in the Franken Fiddy rotation. A Gunny, the Stone Creek Gator and this (my fav) a Paci Querciabella in Camel. Have the same strap in 24mm on my gen 87G

Edited by tanya