When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this genuine Rolex Sapphire 25-295-C2?

mystere

my first impression was that as well, but these crowns are visible if illuminated with a flashlight beaming at the edge of the crystal. it looks like its being deliberately lit up to illustrate the presence of the etched crown since the dust is also highly illuminated. in other pictures that arent macro i cant see the crown. in a situation like this where you cant physically inspect it, the sellers reputation and an iron clad return policy is where you'd make your decision between committing to buy it or not

Hi again,

have tryed to capture the crown on genuine crystal, but with iphone i can not capture the crown.

the left pic is crystal from ebay, the right is from ptswiss submariner supreme/wm1 rep.

for me they look identical.

th_Foto.jpg

thanks mystere

Hard to tell without seeing both side-by-side under the same light. My guess, based on the size/shape of the crown, is not gen. For reference, here is a gen service xtal

005a1.jpg

0411-2.jpg

As a rule, I would never buy a gen xtal from someone I do not know, especially, when it is not in the original (sealed) Rolex packaging & from a seller with at least a 98% or better history of selling Rolex parts.

Although the etched crown is important on late model Rolex replacement crystals, the profile on the side of the crystal is just as important. The bottom of the crystal measures 29.5mm and the top juts out to around 30.5mm. If your crystal has that profile on the side and the etched crown, I'd figure it's gen. BKLM1234 used to show a shot of the gen side profile at one point, with a couple of other cystals but it's been 3-4 years ago! Cousinsuk has a nice 295-C crystal which also copies the Rolex side profile. It's the only aftermarket crystal I've seen which copies the Rolex design well.

Here are the watches.

Left wm9 v2 with gen insert and gen Crystal. Right Supreme/wm1 relumed by Domi with gen insert to, crystal think its Clark? Was previusly in wm9.

I think i let them as they are, maybe gen crown in future.

ad3c14a8.jpg

Thanks again for help.

mystere

The one thing that usually gives away a rep over gen crystal is the cyclops. The gen has a slightly whitish border to it similar to the edge of the gen crystal outer edge. I would know straight away if it were in front of me but it is hard to tell from pics.