When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PreV case

w0lf

Evening folks,

Please excuse the grainy pics, it's getting late and I thought I'd share this with you right now as the case is actually done. I will keep adding, hopefully somewhat better pics here when we get a bit of sunshine tomorrow. To say that this has been a long time coming would be a massive understatement. In any case don't want to build this up much, you can see the important bits already. Needless to say the geometry is the most difficult part when it comes to both lug shape and the case edge shape.

A Panerai case is always a collection of beautiful curves and arches, from the original vintage models all the way to contemporary line, with PreV cases of the early '90s being no exception. The continuity of case geometry must be strictly observed, otherwise the end result immediately looks off even if you can't quite put a finger on it.

The bezel has been removed for the duration of the shaping process but in the coming few days this will become a LOGO build with all the missing bits in place.

prev_case-01.jpg

prev_case-02.jpg

prev_case-03.jpg

prev_case-04.jpg

prev_case-05.jpg

prev_case-06.jpg

prev_case-07.jpg

If you're not sure what to look for - these couple of collages are pretty self explanatory, they show the difference between a contemporary sharp-edged case and a "softie" PreV case. The 111J case marked up in red is thrown in the mix to illustrate but some of the areas that need to be worked on.

Case / Lugs&Curves

Thanks guys, it started life as a 111J case. Lugs shaped and drilled, polished rehaut, "drooping shoulders" that flow into the top of the lug profile, case pillow edges shaped & softened, etc. I've made a couple of jigs and special lug and bezel protectors in the process so this is definitely reproducible :)

Great work M :)

Looking very good especially with the bezel :)

Looking forward to seeing how mine turns out :) At least with the PVD it will be more forgiving if it aint ;)

OMG... Great work man! I'm in for some of these for sure.

Will you offer a PVD service, or work with someone supplying that??

Excuse my possible ignorance though, I thought the pre-v lugs were a bit more horizontal and pointed, but maybe I'm thinking of a different series :animal_rooster:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...