When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing the price from sales posts after an item is sold

permabull

If the watch sells for less under PM negotiations you are under no obligation to post the final selling price, just don't remove anything from the original sales listing, I really don't get how that is so hard to understand? If you want to add the final selling price to the sale you can if you want, totally up to you.... :)

Does receiving a low ball offer really mean you have to sell it to that person? You are somehow forced to sell the watch, even if you don't want too? :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Marky

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guy's i hate rules always have probebly always will! That dont meen that i drink and drive, run red lights or sleep around!

But rules are here for all our best, so sometimes we have to take a bite of the souer apel this is life, just live with it i guess ;)

I don't know who started the "habit" and to me it makes no sense.

I would like to see the first sales post locked but clearly that doesn't sit well with quite a few people. I imagine they are the sort of people have those personal home shredders. I agree that the "actual" figure sold may never be posted but an indicator is always welcome as a point of reference. I think seeing the price would be of benefit to the community.

Most of the actual prices that the items are sold for are rarely the list price. The negotiations are all done through PM's. So I have to agree with w0lf that removing the price is no big deal. I'm not sure why anyone would take the time to go back and edit their sales post to sate anything other than "Sold" but it no big deal IMO.

Just because one person sold something at one point in time doesn't mean it is a valid price the next time the same or similiar item comes up for sale. I have never sold anything but have bought a few watches here and on other forums and can say that the previous sold price has never been a primary consideration of mine. A little research on the availability of the item I am looking to buy and what the dealers are seilling it for (if available at all) are more valuable pieces of information.

Anyway I only responded to this so I can get my post count higher...lol.

Personally I can't understand why some members believe this is open for discussion.

The rule was put in place after your Admin team (approx. 10 members) looked at it from every angle.

We now expect it to be followed, as offshore said we do have the means to enforce it and one of those is to remove a members selling rights.

Ken

When you buy a new watch, you get a receipt so you know

what you paid and also for your Warranty if available.

If you buy a watch, new or used on ebay...You have traceability

of the purchase and price for six months... Again for traceability...

Here we have a format (which 95 percent of the members do not use) :whistling:

My opinion is we tighten up our sales requirements, and Keep All Sale Price

for six months. ;)

MM

I personally am going to try and get into selling to try and justify the expense of tools and watches as a hobby [business].

Seeing prices on recently sold items is a HUGE benefit. If you are looking to buy a broken, yet fixable brand X watch - and want to know if it's worth the time and expense of fixing said watch - a great place to look are 'sold' listings. Even if said watch didn't really sell for the listed price, the listed price got a bite. You can at least then have a ballpark figure to see if it's worth trying to fix/sell. If it's too close (the buy/fix vs. listed sell price), I probably wouldn't do it, just in case negotiatons went on that are not included. But, the listed price got SOMEONE inerested

Removing the price (and associated photos) makes the entire thread of a sold item useless. You might as well delete it, if you're going to allow that. Obviously, the rules here DON'T allow that. Moreover, this is a FORUM, and what is posted herein should be of benefit to ALL, not just a flea market for a seller to quickly hock his goods.

I'm just saying what others have said, but I gotta chime in. It's hard to gauge what you want to do if there are no reference points.

I agree and endorse the rule, no deletions from a sales thread and no changes that amount to a deletion of original info by substitution.

I always save the thread as a web archive file up through the posting where I made an offer. That helped me in a dispute but anyone else searching for the original info doesn't have access to that info except me.

The rule is good and should not need to be enforced, but definitely enforced if needed.