When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusted Dealers

KB

Ok bit of a rant here...

Every day I see 2 threads popping up all the time...

(1) Is 'takeyouforaride.com' a trusted dealer?

(2) Or has anyone bought from 'givemeyourmoneysucker.com' because they have (i) watches our dealers don't or (ii) Are cheaper than our dealers.

So here is the definitive answers...

(1) NO...As we use 'Trusted' to describe the dealers on our board it is the only accepted criteria, it matters not that many members may have successful transactions with an off board dealer, if they are not here they are not 'Trusted'

(2i) If our dealers do not have, or cannot get a certain watch for you then 9 times out of 10 the site you are asking about can't either, pictures prove little. (ii) People who are on a relentless search for dealers that will save them 20 or 30 bucks honestly deserve the problems they get from the many shonky operations out there.

We have a select group of dealers on this board that offer the widest range of goods at very competitive prices.

Every time a new dealer makes contact with the Admin team we always ask "What can you bring our members that the others can't".

Members need to have a little more faith in what we do when we process new dealers and then learn to support the dealers who have been successful in gaining a dealers position here.

End rant.

Ken

• Like 1

Great post (should be pinned (somewhere it may actually get read by newbs)). :good:

Let me add that, if a rep exists, the sellers listed on RWG can usually source it for you. Some (thinking of Andrew/Josh here) will even tell you to avoid certain reps if they have had problems with them.

I am very comforted that the administrators are protecting us the community with quality assured trusted dealers. And if they are no on the trusted list here then as KB says, they are NOT trusted!!

Guest Carl

I have a bit of a different take on the "trusted dealers" concept here and I am bringing this up for those newer to RWG.

I have been collecting, wearing, and enjoying reps for years, and I have been on board with RWG from it's second or third day.

The "trusted dealers" concept needs to be understood as "some dealers are more trusted than others" and it is the feedback posted here for all to read which allows the reader to determine the trust level and the comfort level. I can look over the TD list and know which dealers I trust and those I do not, from personal experience, and from feedback showing obvious ongoing unresolved problems.

Don't ever assume that everyone on the TD list meets the same high standards. The feedback needs to be read and understood, and decisions based on that, rather than the mere fact of inclusion on the list. That is the true value of the list.

A bit off topic there Carl.

The point I am making is no dealer that is not on our board get's the 'Trusted' tag

Of course it is up to everyone to choose the dealer they prefer.

Ken

Ken,

While it does go in a different direction, I appreciate Carl's comment. Recently, I asked 4 dealers if they could get a Breitling Titanium Chrono Avenger. Two of them sent pictures, two of them said that it was available but would not sell it because of the poor quality. Your point, don't trust the dealers who are not on our list, is a good one. Carl's point, don't trust all dealers on our list equally, is good, too. Some of our dealers do not have an eye for the details, or need alot of supervision.

Guest Carl
We have a select group of dealers on this board that offer the widest range of goods at very competitive prices.

Every time a new dealer makes contact with the Admin team we always ask "What can you bring our members that the others can't".

Members need to have a little more faith in what we do when we process new dealers and then learn to support the dealers who have been successful in gaining a dealers position here.

Good statement, but my response was more about what we do to track dealer's interactions with members once they have passed the initial "muster".

For most of us, that's what is most important; the continued commitment. Some dealers have it; some do not. I think it was "on topic".

Blowing off new members because of their questions just puts RWG on a downward spiral.

I'm not finding fault with you Ken. You appear to be the only moderator left here on a regular basis. The admin and other staff seem mostly absent pursuing other interests.

I have been here exactly three days less than you. I wouldn't be posting one of my very few posts if I did not care about RWG. If I didn't care, I would have been long gone.

Carl

For sure.

Though "trusted" (many not by me,thats for sure),to put Silix or Watcheden (watch-ebay) in the same ranks as Josh or Andrew is just silly,without question.

The forum (and all the others) has to cater to the low end or the Canal st type buyer and hence clowns like those being here as "trusted dealers" but i think a "low end" or a "you get what you pay for" section should be here with guys like this as the "trusted" dealers for such section.

To bunch them all together is misleading.

You appear to be the only moderator left here on a regular basis. The admin and other staff seem mostly absent pursuing other interests.

Carl,

I think you will find that a lot of us are around quite a bit...maybe we just don't make as much noise as KB clapping.gif

There wouldn't be too many hours in any given day that we didn't have at least one mod on deck!

Offshore

I'd like to throw in my .2c here, as my rep-buying experiences have been somewhat different to many. Due to cashflow issues, I can't afford the more expensive reps, and at the moment, even a $108 rep is an unaffordable dream, so I've always looked around and seen what deals were avaialable via 'off-site' dealers, and I can honestly say that I have not had half the troubles using them, that some folks seem to have had when using forum trusted dealers. A dealer I've been buying from on CQout, has a rating of 424 positive feedbacks, and zero negative feedbacks. This is a site which employs a 'three strikes' policy: More than three negative feedbacks, and that dealer is gone. No questions asked, just gone. 100% buyer protection. Even WatchEden, prior to their RWG days traded on CQout and were unlucky enough to fall victim to this three strikes policy, and I always (and still do) consider them to be an excellent dealer. Of course, you can't please everyone all the time, n00bs can have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations as to what they are getting, so of course, some negative feedback is inevitable (especially from those new to the rep game who seem to think they are buying regular goods at a regular store and expect identical standards of product and customer service :bangin: ) I've seen one dealer come onto the forum, quickly become a regular poster and major player in regards the QC and customer service, and then sadly go down-hill to the point that they are no longer considered a trusted dealer, but instead a pariah to avoid (I'm not naming names here, I'm not playing favorites, I'm just giving the facts, I only named WatchEden specifically as they have been both an on and off-forum dealer, so an exception to the rule of say Silix and the Cartel) All I can say, is that people should go with whichever dealer they feel the most comfortable dealing with. They can all get access to the same stock, so it's not like trying to choose between the venders at the food-court, it's like going to a food-court where they are all McDonalds, and you just go to the kiosk with the staff you like the most. As with everything, reasonable expectations and behavior, yield reasonable results :) The one thing I would add, is that with on-forum dealers, should a transaction go bad, there is at least the option of Admin involvement to aid in the resolution, but as with everything, it is a matter of common sense when selecting... People don't go to hairdressers they don't like... People don't sit down for a tattoo when the artist's portfolio looks like a pre-schooler sketchbook ( :whistling: ) People don't eat from places where there is filth on the counter or bad reviews... As many have said before me, first choose your dealer, then choose your watch :drinks:

This is all fine and good but the whole thread has taken a complete turn away from my original post.

The thread has nothing to do with how good or bad off board dealers are, just as it has nothing to do with how good or bad our dealers are.

My only point was that as we have formed the tag 'Trusted' to mean dealers on our board there is no point in asking if dealers that are not here are trusted or not.

Ken

This is all fine and good but the whole thread has taken a complete turn away from my original post.

The thread has nothing to do with how good or bad off board dealers are, just as it has nothing to do with how good or bad our dealers are.

My only point was that as we have formed the tag 'Trusted' to mean dealers on our board there is no point in asking if dealers that are not here are trusted or not.

Ken

Ahh, I see what you mean :) Yeah, pretty stupid to ask "Is so and so dealer trusted??" when they're on the list :lol: