When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Clones Latest Vintage Daytona Range

thogaa

These have been making the rounds for a few years at least. Unfortunately, the hour totalizer (lower subdial) is a bit too low & bleeds into the minute track, which is a dead give-away.

:black_eye: - I ordered a couple of 6263s just to check them out. Maybe I should stick with the idea of having Spinmaster build me a piece? :unsure:

I think the good points of the cartel's 6239s can be summarized as follows:

-More reliable Sea-Gull movement. (Although both of my 7750s are running well.)

-Correct spacing of the subdials at 3 and 9.

-Comes with a nice crystal. (DW's default crystal is the wrong size and made of a poor material.)

-Great endlinks.

The downsides:

-Subdial at 6 is non-functional and too low.

-Quality of cartel dials is generally poorer than DW's, partly due to that oddly-placed hour counter.

-Bezels are inferior to DW's: Less accurate dimensions overall; less accurate and lower-quality engravings and insert text.

-Indents are too wide for pump pushers. (Cartel uses the same case for pump and screw-down pushers.)

Finally, I think the DW cases are more accurate, overall, than the cartel's. The DW just looks more convincing at a glance, though I suppose that can be argued.

I agree about the DW version...

post1216049621500130025.jpg

post1216081471500130025.jpg

post1216073002000130025.jpg

post1216050697800130025.jpg

post1216077580000130025.jpg

post1216057881900130025.jpg

"This first offer from DW is the new model 6238/6239 with asymmetrical push button pushers, logo crown, and powered by a 21,600 BPH (correct beat rate) A7750.

Just like all cases, this also readily accepts genuine parts, pushers, crown, crystal and bezel.

This watch comes fully complete with a 7835 band and clasp. And your choice of black or steel bezel. Your case will be engraved accordingly with your bezel choice

Please check it out at dw-watches.tk under the RWG specials category

Also, please sign up on the website with your RWG username when you order."

• 1 month later...

my understanding is that these ARE new, not the ones that have been around for a few years (Andrews site has one that says added 2008)

the difference being that the new ones have the assymetrical pushers

Why oh why arent there any silver ones? I can only see white

wat44: I think you're confused by the "Paul Newman" nomenclature, which only refers to the exotic dials e.g. the second one in the OP, or ugoderosa's. Unfortunately and confusingly, a lot of people use "Paul Newman" as shorthand for any manual-wind Daytona.

The two you posted are variants of the standard dial, which is only available in black or silver.

Strange, with seagul mov't there should be no reason for offset pushers vs crown:

I've taken mine apart already and with the seagull movement have symmetrical chrono levers, the cartel had to actually pre-fab a little arm to offset one of the pushers to make it assymmetrical and this is the reason that one of the pusher recesses are not as deep. But it is not apparent at first glance or on the wrist.

So the only option is DW

I'm not really sure. Perfect Clones does carry what appear to be the silver standard dials, but

1) The photography is so crap (as usual) that the dial looks white, and

2) The text in the listing refers to them as "white".

On the old version of these Daytonas, the dials were definitely silver with a sunburst pattern. I've yet to see non-cartel pictures of the current generation's silver dials.

I should also note that someone asked Josh a while back about the dial color of one of the 6238 reps (RLDV00114). The gen dial was silver, and the old rep dial was silver, but Josh insisted that the new dial is white! Go fig.