When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What big divers watch to get?

slask111

The dealers say the 2006+ Cousteau Divers are going to be released again soon, after production stopped for a while.

Not sure if that list includes the Slevin on bracelet though. The new AP Diver is looking pretty good too... pic courtesy Angus

AP-2011-06-17-01-01_enl.jpg

The new IWC is awsome on SS, threre will be a new version released?

EDIT: Sry i thought of the 2009 model, love that. If it were non chrono..

You guys are killing me. To many to choose from! I have to sell the car or something...

I like that 44mm Seiko and the zento looks cool aswell. But i have to tell you, i dreamt about the new Superocean with SS strap tonight.. ;)

Im so happy to se all suggestions, keep em coming :)

I purchased a used rep ssd a few years back and it has been amazing. I have taken it diving numerous times including 2 dives to 140 feet. I think I've probably logged about 50 dives. Generally before a dive trip I remove the case back and apply silicone grease to the back seal and the crown seal. She's even survived some pretty good knocks while entering a boat in hard surf.

Now with that said, I will of course point out that I ALWAYS have a dive computer on my wrist and a back up in my BCD. I'm a firm believer in redundancy.

I've gone down with a rep super-ocean heritage (non chrono). It has joined me on about 15 dives around the 60 foot mark and has not failed me. I won't go deeper with it because the treads on the crown and the case back are not as fine as the SSD.

Now for gen dive watches.. Luminox makes a bunch, they're pretty robust. Seems every PADI instructor on the planet has one. I've started into technical diving and there seems to be a lot of invicta's being sported in that world. Although my friend who does a lot of deep tech dives now has 2 rolex subs and a bag of luminox's. All found. So my other piece of advice is to get yourself a G10 strap for your dive watch(es). There is a reason that the military uses them.

Another one to consider...

That looks like a modded Seiko Monster? Looks great anyway, what is it? Thnx for the info about diving. But im not going to dive.. just like the look of divers ;) But who knows.. i was thinking of getting my divecert pretty soon. Anyway i was dreaming about that 42mm new Superocean.. forget that. There is a 44mm!! Just cant wait until that get repped.. will be a killer :D

BREITLING-Superocean-44-1.jpg

Edited by slask111

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same dilemma, trying to find some hefty diving watch. Orange Monster looks great on pictures, but I was really underwhelmed when I tried it on. It felt really cheap, and it looks much heavier than it really is, like it is made out of tin and not steel...

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, almost forgot that my missus has this Oxette fella:

wjyib8.jpg

Yes, fashion brand quartz, but pretty imposing with its 52mm diameter, 18.65mm thickness, heavy steel case encased in rubber. Comes in other colors also: orange, black, maybe some others. Not so bad purchase for something like 150 EUR.

Edited by bluemax