When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

something old, something new

deltatahoe

:lol:

indeed you did :D

deltatahoe

@teejay, i'm not sure if it is the picture or the dial print. i suspect it is probably the print -- apparently the comex logo was silk-screened onto the dial. i'll check later and post back with an answer.

That's cool, I just wondered, as from an artists point of view, if I was doing the design, I would have been consistent with all 90* corners or all rounded corners, and figured the draftsman who did the dial print would have done likewise (unless it was his idea of a joke to see if anyone ever noticed :lol: ) so I just wondered if it was just the camera and my eye playing tricks with me :)

:lol:

indeed you did :D

deltatahoe

Delta will be offline for awhile now as he runs home to change his shorts. :animal_rooster:

I've been waiting for it, but nobody has commented on the "M" being larger than the neighboring letters.

Here's another little Rolex weirdness: it's supposed to look that way. :g:

Check it out: http://media.photobucket.com/image/5514%20comex/marci52/5513A1.jpg

Delta will be offline for awhile now as he runs home to change his shorts. :animal_rooster:

I've been waiting for it, but nobody has commented on the "M" being larger than the neighboring letters.

Check it out: http://media.photobucket.com/image/5514%20comex/marci52/5513A1.jpg

I think the angles are the same on that one too, definitely looks like the draftsman was having a chuckle that day :lol:

gotta love the oddities of vintage rolex :crazy:

deltatahoe

i'm glad you mentioned it ubi -- i originally planned to do just that, but figured i would see how the ceramic sub crown looked first, and honestly -- i kinda just forgot about it. back when i started planning for this project a while back i think i remember that ND trading offers an 8mm crown, but it is still $200. any idea where i could pick up one for cheaper? i remember someone saying DSN may stock them; perhaps it is time to shoot him an email :g:

another thing i'm considering is putting it on a black and grey nato as well ;)

oh, and thanks for the nice comments on both watches :victory:

deltatahoe

Beautiful watches. That Comex is really special.:thumbsupsmileyanim: If you want a 8mm brevet w/ tube, ND sells as Natalies passion on Ebay, they have the crowns/tube set up with a "Make and Offer" I offered 125.00 USD for one and got it, you might start out a little lower and see what they do, but I know you can/or could get it for 125.00 USD

Beautiful watches. That Comex is really special.:thumbsupsmileyanim: If you want a 8mm brevet w/ tube, ND sells as Natalies passion on Ebay, they have the crowns/tube set up with a "Make and Offer" I offered 125.00 USD for one and got it, you might start out a little lower and see what they do, but I know you can/or could get it for 125.00 USD

thanks for the heads up -- i'm actually exploring building a 6538 and this is perfect information for that. i have a couple other options i'm looking into now, and will try to remember to make a post in the rolex forum with a summary of my findings once i figure out the best options / sources for 8mm brevet crowns.

as for the modern bond watch, i'm thinking i will go with the DSSD crown to keep the watch with all "modern" parts ;)

deltatahoe