When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitlings With Ar?

Devedander

I have been looking over the dealer sites and only rarely is AR mentioned on the breitlings and it's hard to tell from pictures...

I am really liking the navitimer blue face, but if I am going to pay just short of $300 for a watch I would like it to be pretty accurate and AR is a big part of accuracy for me...

Anyone know if specific dealers have AR, or even better have purchased and can coment on the quality of the AR? Is it a common thing that they all have or rare?

I have asked a few dealers but haven't gotten responses and would appreciate input from others.

Thanks!

I have been looking over the dealer sites and only rarely is AR mentioned on the breitlings and it's hard to tell from pictures...

I am really liking the navitimer blue face, but if I am going to pay just short of $300 for a watch I would like it to be pretty accurate and AR is a big part of accuracy for me...

Anyone know if specific dealers have AR, or even better have purchased and can coment on the quality of the AR? Is it a common thing that they all have or rare?

I have asked a few dealers but haven't gotten responses and would appreciate input from others.

Thanks!

I bought a Bentley GT advertised with a light AR coat. It does not appear to have any coat on it.

It's weird, while I was in China recently one of the Breitling reps I saw had a very blue AR coating that was unmissable from any angle but straight on... it was one of the cheaper ones (probably around $20) and I passed on it at the time...

It makes me wonder why a cheapo rep could have AR but they don't have AR on the more pricey ones from dealers here as it seems to be about the worst thing to not have (you can tell it's wrong far more easily than subdial spacing or date font etc).

That could well have been it... I didn't see it for long (it was my last day and it was raining so I was in a rush) but it definitely gave an impression of AR coating... I would be fine with this fake AR coating on a rep Breitling as long as it kept people from across the table saying "hey your breitling crystal is totally clear..." (not that I know anyone who would say that).

To tell you the truth I am not getting much love from any of the dealers... I have asked most of them some questions about their products or prices... I got a few responses, mainly things like "no price list, please ask about individual watches" and "Yes our watches are good, you can check our pictures against competitors" but when I ask anything specific, no reply (we are talking 2-3 days no reply).

It makes me wonder if somehow they already don't like me... not sure how they would know, but it seems everyone else says they get responses in 24-48 hours...

Anyway, no one has answered questions on AR and I will ask Josh (I am looking at Naitimers but his also say AR) but I am becomming leery of the whole process mainly due to the lack of response even from some dealers who everyone claims responds fast to them.

Edited by Devedander

@devedander, don't give up yet! you WILL get top notch service from our dealers. patience is a virtue, particularly with replica watches -- just wait till you order your first watch and wait for it to arrive -- it's torture.

ask joshua a direct question about a particular watch (ie. does your chrono avenger listed here have a good, noticeable AR coating?) and i would be extremely surprised if you did not get a response.

i have a navitimer from joshua; the AR coating isn't very noticeable (you can see a faint coating at certain angles though). my chrono avenger, on the other hand, has very noticeable AR coating.

hope this helps,

dt

@devedander, don't give up yet! you WILL get top notch service from our dealers. patience is a virtue, particularly with replica watches -- just wait till you order your first watch and wait for it to arrive -- it's torture.

ask joshua a direct question about a particular watch (ie. does your chrono avenger listed here have a good, noticeable AR coating?) and i would be extremely surprised if you did not get a response.

i have a navitimer from joshua; the AR coating isn't very noticeable (you can see a faint coating at certain angles though). my chrono avenger, on the other hand, has very noticeable AR coating.

hope this helps,

dt

Thanks, believe it or not between posts I just recieved an answer from one dealer and I will see what Josh has to say. I am generally a patient person (probably won't be pulling the trigger for a few weeks in any event).

Thanks, believe it or not between posts I just recieved an answer from one dealer and I will see what Josh has to say. I am generally a patient person (probably won't be pulling the trigger for a few weeks in any event).

if you can wait a little bit of time, i am working on this with ruby right now. my navi has a loose bezel and i will send it back to her today. it will take a couple of weeks to get to her.

she goes to the factories to pick up her watches so i asked her to pick up a new crystal for my watch and have it ar'ed on both sides with pupleish blue ar coating and have it installed when they fix the loose bezel. if this is sucessfull she will start offering this service for her customers but mine is going to be the ginni pig, so it will take a while to see how this turns out and to get a price.

ar coating is very expensive in the us. i will find out if this is going to work and give a update when the project is finnished.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about in regards to any sort of tint on the watch.

I'm staring at my GEN Super Avenger right now, and there isn't ANY visible tint straight on or at a slight at angle.

At extreme angles, you can still see straight through the crystal.

THAT is what gives away a Breitling rep for me... if you see a reflection (remember, they're AR'd on BOTH sides on the gens) you know it's not a gen.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about in regards to any sort of tint on the watch.

I'm staring at my GEN Super Avenger right now, and there isn't ANY visible tint straight on or at a slight at angle.

At extreme angles, you can still see straight through the crystal.

THAT is what gives away a Breitling rep for me... if you see a reflection (remember, they're AR'd on BOTH sides on the gens) you know it's not a gen.

the navi i have from ruby is clear at extreme angles and i can see a blue cast in the light but you should be able to see a purpleish blue hue when the light is on the crystal very easily and my navi has very little and it should be very noticable like on my davidsen 195.

if you look at eyeglasses with ar you can see the same thing. the crystal will still appear clear it is not a tint.

the navi i have from ruby is clear at extreme angles and i can see a blue cast in the light but you should be able to see a purpleish blue hue when the light is on the crystal very easily and my navi has very little and it should be very noticable like on my davidsen 195.

if you look at eyeglasses with ar you can see the same thing. the crystal will still appear clear it is not a tint.

Just staring at it in the sunlight coming through our office window and I can just BARELY make out a purplish hue.

Not blue... purplish.

And this is a GEN, not a REP.

But I see what you're talking about now. I've always enjoyed that you can see straight through the crystal.

I didn't know post count made a difference with reply time... that' seems like a kinda nasty way to do things :(

I hadn't thought about doing it myself... I will have to ask around and see how much AR costs to do... if it's decently inexpensive I would consider that option (although I have never taken a watch apart, but I do take computers and other small electronics apart on a regular basis so I guess it can't be that hard).

I am not in a hurry though... I have an el cheapo breitling and plenty of other ways to find out what time it is to hold me over until I decide to drop a few hundred on a good rep...