When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison of gen 5513 vs Cartel 5513

flex

A member of the forum emailed me if i could take some pics to show the differences between the cartel 5513 and my gen (circa 63).

My gen is the earlier sub with the thin case. (the later production of 5513 has the thick case). My gen has a service 'flat' plexi. The cartel is untouched, un-modded.

The gen bezel has deeper cut. The case-back is also thinner. The cartel case-back is so thick almost as thick as the 1665 sea-dweller. Neither phong's, or genuine case-back will not fit the cartel case-set.

7dd82143.jpg

8e6061d0.jpg

5d46bb53.jpg

50ced7c8.jpg

0409b637.jpg

23143b70.jpg

02134dde.jpg

this is not really helpfull, just trouble/artistic pictures, nice pics, I admit,

but in fact what we need is blue prints and stop with sterile comparisons,

case thickness ?

outside rehaut wall high ?

inside/outside rehaut diameter ?

youknow what we want ? I know, let me 2 hours (dinner time)

If I am not to much drunk I will show you what we need,

i tried the gen insert.. fits perfectly

crystal fitted ok too, but i didn't want to put the retention ring and bezel ring on. too much to risk my gen doomed plexi.

I wonder if the gen bezel and plexi would fit. Thanks for the comparison shots. E

i tried the gen insert.. fits perfectly

crystal fitted ok too, but i didn't want to put the retention ring and bezel ring on. too much to risk my gen doomed plexi.

The retention ring and bezel ring fit well. The back is actually like the gen. Take a look at this one.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/thread/1311005826/FS-+Rolex+5513+Submariner+Matte+Dial+w-+Rolex+Service+Warranty