When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

089 Gmt Love

swdivad

Thanks guys, it's really a beauty and it's growing on me even more since I put it on... Almost got in an accident earlier and there was no beautiful girl walking down the street involved :blink:

i like it more than the 063 but less than my 029...from all of the gmt pams...the 029 is the best looking!

The 029 is nice too, I have one, although it's going to need some of finepics' magic to bring it to the point I'll be happy. The center seconds on the 029 doesn't do much for me, but maybe after a new cyclops, relume and crown I'll begin to feel the love that's never quite been there :g:

Aww u bugger. Finally arrived safely eh? Looks absolutely fantastic! Gotta see it first-hand. HourGlass? Yay or nay? Have not received confirmation yet. Oh yes before I forget, a BIG congrats to you on this marvellous piece!

Drinks on Friday in the city Q :thumbsupsmileyanim: Haven't heasrd back from those guys yet, I'll be calling soon :whistling:

Folks,

I am a little confused - so experts please weigh in. The recent Panerai GMT's, labeled 88 and 89 have the same markings as swdivad's or "L SWISS MADE L" under the 12 in the six position. I thought that this was an error and only on the replicas as the genuines have instead "L SWISS 12 MADE L".

Of course - i went to check E-bay and I find this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panerai-PAM-88-GMT-44-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Which looks the same. Is the e-bay auction selling a fake? or are both of these markings somehow correct?

swdiavd's 89 and the watch24seven (very reputable seller)'s 88 are gens. From what I can see, the reps have the same 'L Swiss Made L' as the gens - at least according to Joshua's website. If I were to pinpoint flaws btwn rep and gen, the date mag would be the most obvious flaw.

The errors with the rep is the glaring tick mark missing at the 9:00 position, plus the color(s) of the dial. Also the gen is titanium, the reps are polished SS.

The rep comes in blue, black, and brown... guess they were having a B day when they designed it :lol:

The reps are quite nice actually, plus you can get them in genuine VJ7750 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The errors with the rep is the glaring tick mark missing at the 9:00 position, plus the color(s) of the dial. Also the gen is titanium, the reps are polished SS.

The rep comes in blue, black, and brown... guess they were having a B day when they designed it :lol:

The reps are quite nice actually, plus you can get them in genuine VJ7750 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thats a great watch - i'm liking my 177h titanium even better than i thought.

i have an 89-blue Which will soon have a cyclops upgrade and palp crown.

:)

so - it still maybe a bit fantasy - but, will be getting closer.

What i should really do is get an AR crystal first before i throw the cyclops on, but - i just can't justify spending anymore on this piece.

oh, i can't wait i also have my 177h going for davidson dial and ar crystal and palp crown updates. That is going to bump to premier piece.